The Bos stickin it to Peter again.

fansince71

You're wrong again. Because we agree that he has the right. Only an idiot would say he doesn't have the right. WE are saying he's hurting the ballclub and cutting off Duquette at the knees by continually excercising this right. This thread is on the 7th page and a few of you guys still don't know what the argument is about. Amazing!

RZ, you're right. Angelos knows nothing, and Duquette should make every decision.

In other news, I like how Flanagan is completely left out of this thread. :)

All in all, I think that Angelos makes decisions that he feels protects his investment, whether it is on the field, in hospitals, or for the city of Baltimore. Whether the trade in question makes the Orioles better, we'll never know. There is nothing we can do about it. Let's deal with it and cheer on the people who can make this season a memorable one, the players we have.

I know, we'd be better if he would just butt out. ;)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah Epstein pulled off the Garciapara trade, but if that hadn't worked who would be the GM of the Red Sox?
Stop right there for a moment and consider if Peter Angelos was owner of the Red Sox would that trade have happened. Garciaparra came up through the farm system and was the face of the organization. I don't know if he did any work with the hospitals and such ;) but I'd bet he wouldn't have been traded under majority owner Angelos.

Instead, Nomar would have left via free agency after tiring of months of nickle and dime negotiations. :D

Stop right there for a moment and consider if Peter Angelos was owner of the Red Sox would that trade have happened. Garciaparra came up through the farm system and was the face of the organization. I don't know if he did any work with the hospitals and such ;) but I'd bet he wouldn't have been traded under majority owner Angelos.

Instead, Nomar would have left via free agency after tiring of months of nickle and dime negotiations. :D

Nah, Nomahhhhhh woulda stuck around because PA takes care of his hmegrown players... i.e. Brian Roberts brand new contract...

On an injury basis, think Jay Gibbons ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/19/AR2007031901643.html

"It's another Angelos story to add to the list, says a GM. He effects everything they do. They may never overcome him. Why would they want a first basemen when they can overpay for middle relievers and have 4 DH's?"

Most GM's and Boswell agree with me. You trade a good 2b for a 40 HR first baseman who's only 27 and can protect Tejada for years.

Edit:damn Fansince! You beat me to it!

No, no, no. Angelos wants an all GQ team. My 14 year old niece think Brian is SOOOOO cute. We can't trade him. The IT factor is what Peter cares about.

Personally, I'd trade Roberts for a guy who looked like Quasimoto if Quasimoto was a stud 1B with 40HR & 125RBI potential.

The roid stuff has been a rumor for a while.

His numbers dropped off big time a few years ago.

Well then that would mean Tejada should be traded immediately for any package of good prospects because the Roid rumors are all over him. I know you are in the trade Tejada camp if it is for a package of 2 or 3 solid prospects. I wish everyone had our view that Tejada is NOT untouchable.

He gets it. You just don't want to think that he does and admit being wrong that Angelos might actually be right over something.

Maybe Duquette isn't the be-all, end-all of GMs that we think he is?

Or, maybe he just made a mistake that was corrected by his superior?

Or, maybe Angelos is just looking to tick off the people at the Hangout?

Personally, I think the second option is one that should be agreeable to all, since Duquette, I would assume, IS human and can make mistakes.

Is this for real or are you just being sarcastic.

I can't believe anyone would argue that Angelos is more qualified to make baseball decision than Duquette.

I can't believe anyone would argue that Angelos is more qualified to make baseball decision than Duquette.

This is a big problem.

First of all, PA was absolutely right in vetoing this deal.

However, he was wrong for interfering and he is wrong for basically making BRob untouchable.

It's like arguing that an owner should let a stupid move should be made just because his GM thinks it's ok.

Last time I checked, there are very few people here willing to give passes to the Orioles FO for making mistakes. Why are we trying to claim that we would do so now?

An owner should be allowed to overrule their GM if they believe a mistake is being made. It's that simple.

It's not arguing that Angelos hasn't made mistakes in the past, but that those mistakes should preclude him from making correct decisions simply because it goes against what others might think.

Archived