2015 ASG Voting Thread (65 Million Ballots Cancelled for Fraud)

TonySoprano

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also why does the AL have so many more all star votes than the NL? My rough (really rough) estimates says that the AL has 179 million votes (minus the DH) and the NL has 129 million votes. Why such a discrepancy?

Bot voting.

I wish that the ASG voting would be taken out of the fans hands. This decides home field advantage for the World series. It should be decided by the managers around the league. I am totally fine with all teams not being represented.

Yeah, the managers are much much better at deciding on player accolades as shown by their exemplary Gold Glove track record.

I don't see why it takes rocket science to figure out how to make it one vote per person. Probably just costs too much to do it. Cheaper for the game to be a joke. Home team advantage should go to the team with the best record.

Yeah, the managers are much much better at deciding on player accolades as shown by their exemplary Gold Glove track record.

It's better than a 16 year old writing a program to stuff the electronic ballot box. At least the managers are around the game and actually get a chance to see everyone. To listen to Thorne and I am sure many other announcers in the league, they are basically instructing fans to vote for their home team instead of the best players. #VoteOrange

I don't see why it takes rocket science to figure out how to make it one vote per person. Probably just costs too much to do it. Cheaper for the game to be a joke. Home team advantage should go to the team with the best record.

It costs nothing to do it. In the IT world it would be a "select distinct" based off the ip address or email address

It costs nothing to do it. In the IT world it would be a "select distinct" based off the ip address or email address

Couldn't do it based on IP address, that would make the assumption that everyone has a static IP, which is not the case. They do it based on an email address but all it takes is someone to create a ton of email addresses or to setup a bot to guess email aaddresses.

Couldn't do it based on IP address' date=' that would make the assumption that everyone has a static IP, which is not the case. They do it based on an email address but all it takes is someone to create a ton of email addresses or to setup a bot to guess email aaddresses.[/quote']

They have a way to do it though, otherwise they wouldnt have invalidated 65 million votes. So, whatever that way is, Select Distinct

They have a way to do it though, otherwise they wouldnt have invalidated 65 million votes. So, whatever that way is, Select Distinct

From my understanding they find any email that is invalid and throw those votes out. So there is no rule that says one vote per person, it's 35 votes per valid eemail. You write a simple program that combines first initials with last names with groups of known domains and you can easily flood 65 million fake votes.

From my understanding they find any email that is invalid and throw those votes out. So there is no rule that says one vote per person' date=' it's 35 votes per valid eemail. You write a simple program that combines first initials with last names with groups of known domains and you can easily flood 65 million fake votes.[/quote']

They should just simply send an email to those accounts to verify their votes along with one of those pictures that has numbers you have to type out in order to verify.

Archived