2015 ASG Voting Thread (65 Million Ballots Cancelled for Fraud)

TonySoprano

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Starters were announced tonight. "Only" 4 Royals will be starters.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Things have really tightened up. It seems likely that the rest of baseball fandom will mobilize to ensure that Cruz passes Morales, Donaldson passes Moustakas, and Altuve passes Infante. That would leave only Escobar, Perez and Gordon as undeserving starters, and all three at least have a case to make that they should be All Stars. Moustakas arguably has a better case than Escobar, Perez, and Gordon and now has a decent shot at being snubbed.

As I predicted (hoped), Altuve did eventually pass Infante. All four Royals starters have a case to be on the team if not as starter, I am interested to see whether Moustakas ends up getting snubbed. Hopefully MLB is smart enough not to have a Royals player as an option for the final vote.

As I predicted (hoped), Altuve did eventually pass Infante. All four Royals starters have a case to be on the team if not as starter, I am interested to see whether Moustakas ends up getting snubbed. Hopefully MLB is smart enough not to have a Royals player as an option for the final vote.
3 of the 4 Royals shouldn't be starting. Gordon is 10th in fWAR among AL OF, Perez 4th for C, and Escobar 4th for SS. Shouldn't be on the team. Joke.

3 of the 4 Royals shouldn't be starting. Gordon is 10th in fWAR among AL OF, Perez 4th for C, and Escobar 4th for SS. Shouldn't be on the team. Joke.

Being good enough for the 3rd / 4th team has happened a lot of times before though... Infante would have been a special joke. Some people are definitely going to be snubbed, but not as many as it looked.

Being good enough for the 3rd / 4th team has happened a lot of times before though... Infante would have been a special joke. Some people are definitely going to be snubbed, but not as many as it looked.
The list of snubs will be especially long this year.

Here's one -- who's going to start at 1B since Miguel Cabrera won't be playing? You've got Prince Fielder (who's somehow listed at 1B), Albert Pujols and Mark Teixeira. But Eric Hosmer has the votes.

Here's one -- who's going to start at 1B since Miguel Cabrera won't be playing? You've got Prince Fielder (who's somehow listed at 1B), Albert Pujols and Mark Teixeira. But Eric Hosmer has the votes.

If it was up to me, Pujols would be the starter and Teixeira would be the backup. The votes don't matter for the backups. I wouldn't have a third first baseman, outfield is stacked this year and I would take an extra outfielder instead.

If it was up to me, Pujols would be the starter and Teixeira would be the backup. The votes don't matter for the backups. I wouldn't have a third first baseman, outfield is stacked this year and I would take an extra outfielder instead.

Fielder's been tremendous with the bat though and IMO the only other viable candidate Texas has is Yovani Gallardo.

Home field advantage and every team needs to be represented. Stupid.

Why is Flaherty not on this team! He has a higher ops than Escobar. Hopefully, Joe Blanton will be the AL starter.

Fielder's been tremendous with the bat though and IMO the only other viable candidate Texas has is Yovani Gallardo.

Home field advantage and every team needs to be represented. Stupid.

There were a lot of kids growing up that wouldn't have seen an Oriole in an all star game if it wasn't for that rule.

Archived