Gausman down, Drake up

mdbdotcom

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norris just pitched 6 innings and gave up 2 runs.

Over his last 3 starts he has a 3.77 ERA.

I doubt Dan and Buck want to take him out of the rotation while he is showing improvement.

Tillman has won his last 3 starts and is averaging 6 innings per start over those 3 games. I doubt they are pulling him from the rotation now.

Buck said Gausman needs innings to be prepared to enter the rotation next year. Those innings can come in the majors or the minors but he is not going to be relieving if you believe what Buck said yesterday.

This is as good a time to burn Gausman's option as any. O's are in a pennant race and are trying to get the most out of their pitchers.

If either Norris or Tillman stumble Gausman will be ready to take their place. Now just doesn't look like the right time.

Norris just pitched 6 innings and gave up 2 runs.

Over his last 3 starts he has a 3.77 ERA.

I doubt Dan and Buck want to take him out of the rotation while he is showing improvement.

Tillman has won his last 3 starts and is averaging 6 innings per start over those 3 games. I doubt they are pulling him from the rotation now.

Buck said Gausman needs innings to be prepared to enter the rotation next year. Those innings can come in the majors or the minors but he is not going to be relieving if you believe what Buck said yesterday.

This is as good a time to burn Gausman's option as any. O's are in a pennant race and try to get the most out of their pitchers.

If either Norris or Tillman stumble Gausman will be ready to take their place. Now just doesn't look like the right time.

He isn't showing improvement.

The results have been better but he has been facing the Mets, Indians and Phillies.

Let's face it. Buck and Dan are a lot more patient than the rest of us. They are still hoping to get Norris and Tillman both straightened out. Maybe they are still hoping to trade a starter by the deadline and install Gausman then. From the beginning of the season it doesn't look like there has been a clear plan for Gausman. Instead it looks like he was the plug and play pitcher. I admit, it's confusing. I think they are going a little overboard on the roster management but that seems to their thing.

I have no problem giving Tillman more time but for Norris my patience is out, plus he doesn't have Tillman's track record.

He isn't showing improvement.

The results have been better but he has been facing the Mets, Indians and Phillies.

Mets have a winning record. Never the less, I don't see Buck and Dan pulling Norris after a decent start no matter who it was against. If he starts to pitch well they have the pleasant task of picking beteen trading him and keeping him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> want to keep Gausman starting to keep his inning count up for '16 rotation. Team got good reports on Gonzalez & Chen.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Of course I wouldn't.

But, by sending him down now, so we can keep inferior options, you lose the ability to send him down next year if he, for instance, suddenly loses the strike zone.

I don't mind the O's using one of Guasman's option this year, it was the option they used 2 years ago when he obviously wasn't ready to help the ballclub.

Surely there was an equivalent to Roe or Drake in 2013 that would have worked as well as Gausman's mediocre performance that year.

Gausman's treatment has been questionable at best since he was first brought up, but how can you question the O's when they have developed so many aces the last 20 years. :rolleyestf:

It will never happen but I would stick bud in the pen. What's the worst that can happen? He's losing games anyways and he's not going to be back next year so why not

They can do that, but Norris has to pitch Wednesday because none of Wilson, Chen, Wright, or Gonzalez will be available.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gonzalez currently slated to start on Thursday at Boston, Chen on Friday vs. Cleveland. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They can do that, but Norris has to pitch Wednesday because none of Wilson, Chen, Wright, or Gonzalez will be available.

Yes this is true, I understand that part. However, I have no confidence at all that Gausman is going to be in the rotation regularly anytime this year. It's just crazy we have this guy who would be getting regular innings other places but he can't here especially when we don't exactly have anyone who is tearing it up

Archived