DFA Bud Norris...

EagleOriole

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't necessarily mean "non-tender." I purposely didn't use that word. I just meant that' date=' following the 2014 season, he wouldn't have been on my team in 2015. If I thought I could have received a prospect back for him, that's what I would have done.[/quote']

And if Jimenez didn't find himself and Norris didn't get sick but maintained his 2014 level? We'd have to rely on 30+ starts from Wilson, Wright, McFarland, etc.

I have no problem bringing Norris back at the start of the season. It didn't work out. They've moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if Jimenez didn't find himself and Norris didn't get sick but maintained his 2014 level? We'd have to rely on 30+ starts from Wilson, Wright, McFarland, etc.

I have no problem bringing Norris back at the start of the season. It didn't work out. They've moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would folks stop with the "If he didn't get sick" business?

I know Bud used that as an excuse but he sucked from day one of spring training this year.

It is a shame he got sick but it didn't seem to make much of a difference in the results. Weren't his best two starts after he back off the DL?

I didn't necessarily mean "non-tender." I purposely didn't use that word. I just meant that' date=' following the 2014 season, he wouldn't have been on my team in 2015. If I thought I could have received a prospect back for him, that's what I would have done.[/quote']

That's how I took your "cut ties" statement -- move him last off-season for a cheap back-end insurance type.

Ok, then my mistake. A case for not bring him back can certainly be made without the benefit of hindsight.

SO you are saying that non tendering him was the best that we could have done with the info available at the time. ANd His game three dominance of the Tigers?

Non-tendering doesn't make sense. Trade him for back-end insurance type. Give the #5 job to Gausman. Ubaldo's contract means he's a starter for at least three or four months of each year. In fact, you could trade him for a bag of balls if they are taking on the contract and find back-end production for less than $8MM.

Non-tendering doesn't make sense. Trade him for back-end insurance type. Give the #5 job to Gausman. Ubaldo's contract means he's a starter for at least three or four months of each year. In fact, you could trade him for a bag of balls if they are taking on the contract and find back-end production for less than $8MM.

I have seen very good cases made for this. I guess the lack of confidence in Ubaldo may have entered in to the Orioles taking the path that they chose.

I have seen very good cases made for this. I guess the lack of confidence in Ubaldo may have entered in to the Orioles taking the path that they chose.

But even if Norris repeats a 1.9-sh win season it isn't going to mean anything with respect to Ubaldo. He's in the rotation. He's paid. Done deal. Do you believe a slow start from Ubaldo triggers the need for a sixth starter? I sure don't. If he's healthy he's pitching into June/July.

But even if Norris repeats a 1.9-sh win season it isn't going to mean anything with respect to Ubaldo. He's in the rotation. He's paid. Done deal. Do you believe a slow start from Ubaldo triggers the need for a sixth starter? I sure don't. If he's healthy he's pitching into June/July.

I believe that if Ubaldo had a spring like Bud did that someone would have taken the ball while Ubaldo worked on something in DL rehab. Much like Garcia has.

I believe that if Ubaldo had a spring like Bud did that someone would have taken the ball while Ubaldo worked on something in DL rehab. Much like Garcia has.

I'm dubious. Maybe in year three or four. Duquette isn't conceding a loss on that signing unless he absolutely has to. That means Ubaldo is in the rotation.

Would folks stop with the "If he didn't get sick" business?

I know Bud used that as an excuse but he sucked from day one of spring training this year.

It is a shame he got sick but it didn't seem to make much of a difference in the results. Weren't his best two starts after he back off the DL?

Amen. Lame, inaccurate excuse.

For some reason, the same mentality that says Baltimore can't afford a $20 MM player doesn't trickle down to not overpaying for marginal performances. Shrug.

While i agree with this logic, I dont think it applies to Norris as much as it does to Hunter and Matusz.

I wanted Norris moved but I understand why they didnt. $8M wasnt a terrible gamble, especially if he could be decent enough to get a QO.

I dont understand why or who rushed him back if he was so sick. But to an extent it doesnt even matter since he struggled from day 1 of ST.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived