• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Greg, good stuff. Thanks!

You know I'm hoping for Tim Beckham, but if he's gone I'd take Hosmer or Smoak. We really need impact bats badly. That said, as it is today I think your projection of Matusz is very likely with McPhail's preference for pitching. A stud LH is something we need in the system. Butler and Britton are the only two SLHP's in the organization.

Thanks bro.

Beckham would be ideal for us, but Matusz, Alvarez, Crow, Hosmer or Smoak wouldn't be sad consolation prizes. :D

The relationship between AM and Jordan this draft will be an interesting one to watch. Will AM make the calls or will he back off and let Jordan handle the draft. We truly don't know... at least at this juncture.

Yes. No doubt about it... at least as things stand now.

No doubt... really? I'd have trouble putting the 21 year old Crow ahead of the 19 year old Chris Tillman.

Yes, Crow is special, but I really don't see how you could put him ahead of Tillman without any "doubt". Tillman is two years younger and probably projects as good if not better than Crow.

BTW, great stuff and good luck with the new website. ;)

No doubt... really? I'd have trouble putting the 21 year old Crow ahead of the 19 year old Chris Tillman.

Yes, Crow is special, but I really don't see how you could put him ahead of Tillman without any "doubt". Tillman is two years younger and probably projects as good if not better than Crow.

BTW, great stuff and good luck with the new website. ;)

Thanks as always... good to hear from you. :)

Were Crow to continue to pitch great this season, he'll be rated ahead of Tillman in the best prospects lists after he's drafted. I agree that Tillman has a lot of upside, but until he puts together a real good and fairly consistent minor league season, he'll be behind Crow. It would make for a good question for BA's next chat.

IMHO...Were Tillman to be available for this year's draft, he'd go in the top 10-20, but not ahead of Crow or Matusz certainly. One caveat... by draft time things could change, as Tillman could rocket up in the rankings with a dominant start.

My whole point is as I stated... 'at this time' or 'as things stand', etc... :)

Thanks bro.

Beckham would be ideal for us, but Matusz, Alvarez, Crow, Hosmer or Smoak wouldn't be sad consolation prizes. :D

The relationship between AM and Jordan this draft will be an interesting one to watch. Will AM make the calls or will he back off and let Jordan handle the draft. We truly don't know... at least at this juncture.

Greg,

Great points there are six or seven special prospects in this draft, and we're going to get one of them. It will be interesting to see how the first 3 picks go and then who's available. It will also be interesting to see who they pick and why, when all is said and done.

Greg,

Great points there are six or seven special prospects in this draft, and we're going to get one of them. It will be interesting to see how the first 3 picks go and then who's available. It will also be interesting to see who they pick and why, when all is said and done.

Agreed... I am psyched. :D

Greg, what pros would you compare Matusz and crow too? Do either have legit #1 stuff? If we take a pitcher i think he needs to have #1 stuff. We already have a ton of pitching prospects who grade out as 2-4th starters.

Crow reminds me a bit of Mike Mussina, whereas Matusz has drawn comps with Mark Buehrle. Both can be aces of their respective staff's in the majors if they continue their outstanding development. At this stage, either would be our best pitching prospect.

Crow reminds me a bit of Mike Mussina, whereas Matusz has drawn comps with Mark Buehrle. Both can be aces of their respective staff's in the majors if they continue their outstanding development. At this stage, either would be our best pitching prospect.

Personally, Crow reminds me more of Jake Peavy. Neither are big guys (though Crow is a little bigger), and both are fastball/slider guys with good control.

Personally, Crow reminds me more of Jake Peavy. Neither are big guys (though Crow is a little bigger), and both are fastball/slider guys with good control.

Yeah, that's a good one. My thoughts in comping him a bit with Mussina was his size, composure, steadiness and solid athleticism. Now to teach him the knucklecurve. :D

Archived