vs. MARINERS, 8/11

OFFNY

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It makes no difference. It happend. You said they can't sustain a stretch like that. You are wrong. Deal with it.

Fair enough.

But when you beat your 7-year old neighbor in a game of one-on-one hoops, do you say, "there, it happened, deal with it?" Just curious. But we beat a number of sub-.500 teams during that stretch, and have not come close to matching that success against better teams. I haven't looked at our schedule from here on out, so maybe the schedule is in our favor. I'll have to check.

It makes no difference. It happend. You said they can't sustain a stretch like that. You are wrong. Deal with it.

They didn't really sustain it though......they got hot for a months worth of ball.

Everything else this season has been subpar.

I hate to agree but I see no reason to believe a dominant stretch in the al east is on the horizon with our SP and the jays, yanks and Tampa in our division.

Do you really think this is a playoff team??

It's too bad Duquette and MacPhail were never co-GMs. They would have been a wonderful tandem. MacPhail was great at making trades and acquiring position players while Duquette is a master at building a bullpen and finding undervalued talent off the scrapheap. Their strengths and weaknesses would have complimented each other perfectly.

Archived