vs. MARINERS, 8/11

OFFNY

Well, I saw some indignant posts about Tillman because he isn't going to become a TOR starter. No kidding. I would have thought that was clear years ago. A pitcher doesn't need to be a TOR to be valuable. Tillman is valuable.

It is almost like people don't remember what it was like watching the Garrett Olson's and Radhamme Liz's pitch for 14 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is frustrating in a different way. You expect better and end up more frustrated than when you expect zero and get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except for that 18-5 stretch.

And which makes us 39-49 over a much larger sample size. Look, I want the Os to win. But if I'm objective, which admittedly is difficult, I just don't see anything in this season that screams "playoff contender!"

Which everyone throws up there as some sort of evidence that our quasi-.500 record is an illusion. Take a look at who we beat during that stretch...

It makes no difference. It happend. You said they can't sustain a stretch like that. You are wrong. Deal with it.

And which makes us 39-49 over a much larger sample size. Look, I want the Os to win. But if I'm objective, which admittedly is difficult, I just don't see anything in this season that screams "playoff contender!"

I don't think they are going to the playoffs. Never did. You said they can't play a stretch of good ball. They have. That is all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Miguel Cabrera in his Triple Crown year: .330/.393/.606. Nelson Cruz right now: .326/.391/.612. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Boomstick?src=hash">#Boomstick</a></p>— David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield) <a href="
">August 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not signing Cruz was a move that will set back this franchise years. Dumbest move since the purge of 1998.

Archived