This stat sums up the Orioles perfectly

birdman333

The Orioles kept Davis, Wieters and Chen instead of trading them to help rebuild the farm system which will turn out to be a costly decision unless the O's make and advance in the playoffs.

That's a costly decision either way. The Orioles are hamstrung by their impending free agency dilemma with or without the playoffs, but the playoffs makes it a little easier to swallow. Nevertheless, 2016 is going to be a challenging year for the O's and fans alike.

That along with our record against such teams, even at the trading deadline, should have weighed heavily into DD's thinking before trading our best young healthy starting pitching prospect.

At the deadline that number was quite different though. At the deadline the the schedule looked a lot better.

This was are remaining schedule at the time.

Tigers 3 games under .500

A's 3 games under .500

Angels 3 games over .500

Mariners 3 games under .500

A's 4 games under .500

Mets 2 games over .500

Twins 4 games over .500

Royals 4 games over .500

Rangers 3 games under .500

Rays 3 games under .500

Jays 3 games over .500 1 game

Yanks 3 games over .500

royals 3 games over .500

Red sox 3 games under.500

Rays 4 games under. 500

Nats 3 games over .500

Red Sox 3 games under .500

Jays 4 games over .500

Yanks 3 games over .,500

So we had 30 games with teams below .500 and 32 games with teams over .500 and many of these teams have gone above and below .500 over just the last month. The Rangers were worse then us and now they lead the wild card 2nd spot. I still believe the twins series is what will kill us in the long run. We had a great home series going and seemd to have momentum but those 4 games may have change everything.

That's a costly decision either way. The Orioles are hamstrung by their impending free agency dilemma with or without the playoffs, but the playoffs makes it a little easier to swallow. Nevertheless, 2016 is going to be a challenging year for the O's and fans alike.

I am not as down on the impeding free agency as some people. They will loose Chen no doubt. We can sign Davis if we want to we have the money so it is not like he is gone. Wieters we have not had most of the last 2 years and Joseph/Clevenger combo may not be much difference. O'day has been good but we have two guys in Givens and Brach that could take over that 8th inning if we decide to let him go. There aresome free agents going for sure but we also have a lot of money to use if we wish and I expect us to do that I can't see this team with an 80 million payroll so we will sign guys to fill some of the holes that we get from freee agency. They may not sign Davis or O'day or Parra but they will not fill them with AAA guys they will add free agents.

Yup. We should have seen what was out there for Chen, Davis, Wieters, and O'Day. Even if we didn't trade any of them, you still see what teams were willing to offer...

How do we know that they didn't try and move those guys. I am sure teams call about every player and judge interest. Lord teams were trying to make deals for Machado knowing that is a lost cause I am sure teams asked about Chen and O'day.

Yup. We should have seen what was out there for Chen, Davis, Wieters, and O'Day. Even if we didn't trade any of them, you still see what teams were willing to offer...

There was a few reports about the Orioles dealing Davis and a few teams that may have kicked the tires to see what are interest was in dealing him. It takes two to tango. We read all the times about how trades get tossed around. Almost all players are discussed in trades just not all reported. Like Norris trade they asked for the moon for an average starter and then at the end the offer changed.

I have been saying this fact for 2 months now, prior to the trade deadline, as a reason we should be sellers.

It's amazing how people NOW are starting to realize this.

We aren't a bad team, but we aren't a great one either. You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

I would have hoped DD knew more than us.

People are not just NOW starting to realize this. How do you know that we did not at least try and sell? I just don't think that our trade pieces held as much value as some people may have thought here.

I know we traded Davies, but I am not as down on that deal as some are. Even then, it is possible to buy and sell. But maybe teams did not want to give up anything that we saw value in.

Archived