Alvarez coming up per Roch.

bpilktree

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles have selected the contract of OF Dariel Alvarez from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned OF Henry Urrutia to the Tides.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

La proxima Yoenis!

Ron Johnson on Alvarez per Melewski:

During a recent interview, Norfolk manager Ron Johnson said the following about Alvarez:

"He's a tools guy. He's got all the tools you want to see with the exception of being an average runner or a little below. He's not going to steal bases. But he can hit, hit for power and he's got an eight arm (on the 2-8 scouting scale). He's played center for us and right.

"It's a real solid season for him. He's shown power with 16 home runs. He will get up there and get his opportunity. The whole focus with him has been working with his plate discipline and getting good pitches to hit. He can get excited and expand the zone a little bit. That is something he will have to tighten up in the big leagues."

I asked Johnson if it is a red-flag that Alvarez has an OBP of just .305 with 16 walks.

"No, I don't think so. He is a very aggressive guy with outstanding hand-eye coordination," Johnson said. "When he swings at some pitches out of the zone, he hits them. Which sometimes can be a curse. If he'd miss, it might be better for him. That sounds kind of stupid. But once he zones in, he'll get there. It will be interesting to watch him in the big leagues. I don't have a concern about it and think he will be productive for us."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/08/minor-league-notes-on-latimore-norfolk-bowie-and-a-look-at-dariel-alvarez.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ron Johnson on Alvarez per Melewski:

During a recent interview, Norfolk manager Ron Johnson said the following about Alvarez:

"He's a tools guy. He's got all the tools you want to see with the exception of being an average runner or a little below. He's not going to steal bases. But he can hit, hit for power and he's got an eight arm (on the 2-8 scouting scale). He's played center for us and right.

"It's a real solid season for him. He's shown power with 16 home runs. He will get up there and get his opportunity. The whole focus with him has been working with his plate discipline and getting good pitches to hit. He can get excited and expand the zone a little bit. That is something he will have to tighten up in the big leagues."

I asked Johnson if it is a red-flag that Alvarez has an OBP of just .305 with 16 walks.

"No, I don't think so. He is a very aggressive guy with outstanding hand-eye coordination," Johnson said. "When he swings at some pitches out of the zone, he hits them. Which sometimes can be a curse. If he'd miss, it might be better for him. That sounds kind of stupid. But once he zones in, he'll get there. It will be interesting to watch him in the big leagues. I don't have a concern about it and think he will be productive for us."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/08/minor-league-notes-on-latimore-norfolk-bowie-and-a-look-at-dariel-alvarez.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If all of this is true why bring Lake up for a week then Henry up for a week?

If all of this is true why bring Lake up for a week then Henry up for a week?

Lake is a higher ceiling guy who will be lost if not protected this winter. And then he got Pink Eye. Hank is left-handed, when we were facing the right handers and is MUCH better than you give him credit for. It''s just a personal bias on your part.

Lake is a higher ceiling guy who will be lost if not protected this winter. And then he got Pink Eye. Hank is left-handed, when we were facing the right handers and is MUCH better than you give him credit for. It''s just a personal bias on your part.

Pray tell why would I have a personal bias against him?

Pray tell why would I have a personal bias against him?

You fought with Che and Fidel for the proletariat, and you don't like these bourgeois defectors ruining the global people's revolution. Hold on, are we talking about Urrutia or Alvarez or Lake? If it's Lake I can come up with an even less plausible but mildly entertaining story.

You fought with Che and Fidel for the proletariat, and you don't like these bourgeois defectors ruining the global people's revolution. Hold on, are we talking about Urrutia or Alvarez or Lake? If it's Lake I can come up with an even less plausible but mildly entertaining story.

Specifically Hank. Because of 2013.

Archived