Duquette talks (Orioles to spend extensive resources in FA)

weams

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orioles 8 ball that always says "Orioles were right" on it.

I hated the Jay Payton deal. And Frank Wren. Could not stand that dude. Was crushed that Garrett Atkins was the worst. And never really bought into the Flanagan buy a bullpen technique. Andy and Dan? They are both much smarter at baseball than I am and I am not a scout or a baseball writer that has to have a right opinion. No one pays me for mine.

Just saying that we all assume that MW taking the QO means the O's won't be able to do what they originally intended. We assume that because we assume that PA is some inflexible Uncle Scrooge who will not budge from his line in the sand budget. All I am saying is that maybe PA has actually enjoyed the past 4 years of competitive baseball. Perhaps he has enjoyed not being viewed as an incompetent owner whose team cannot get its stuff straight. Perhaps he has learned some lessons from the past like we all do. I am as guilty as anyone of blasting PA. I just think we should wait to see what the final tally is before assuming the man won't give DD the resources to compete.

If it turns out that they do not give DD adequate resources to fill the needs, there will be a whole season of bad baseball to gripe about it. As negative as I initially felt about MW coming back, I am gonna choose to stay at least semi-optimistic that the franchise we have seen the past 4 years will not completely turn back into a pumpkin. If they do, like I said, I reserve the right to gripe about it later :)

And it could be that PA's bucket list includes that World Series championship. And as he gets closer to that launching pad that waits for us all, maybe going for it in a big way never yet seen turns out to be what happens. I sure hope so.

It's called an opinion. I think mine makes more sense than yours. As a poster you are basically an Orioles apologist. A good guy. Great moderator. Objectively when it comes to the Orioles? Zero.

You quoted me here as if I was referring to Weams. I was not. As C_o_c noted, I was referring to him.

Archived