None of the Top Nine Payrolls in 2015 Got Out of the First Round of the Playoffs

weams

How many of those teams got in the playoffs? Let's see, the Yankees, Nationals, Dodgers. Rangers, and Blue Jays all in the top ten in payroll and all made the playoffs. I'd say that's a pretty good rate at 50 percent. Once you get in there, it's a crapshoot.

Five out of the bottom 20 teams made it (25 percent). Either way you look it, it's safe to say that spending increases your chances of seeing the playoffs.

How many of those teams got in the playoffs? Let's see, the Yankees, Nationals, Dodgers. Rangers, and Blue Jays all in the top ten in payroll and all made the playoffs. I'd say that's a pretty good rate at 50 percent. Once you get in there, it's a crapshoot.

Five out of the bottom 20 teams made it (25 percent). Either way you look it, it's safe to say that spending increases your chances of seeing the playoffs.

What playoffs did the Nats make? The hype payroll playoffs?

No. I'd say having better players does that.

What playoffs did the Nationals make? The hype payroll playoffs?

They won the NL East in March.

It's not their fault that the Mets rained on the media's parade.

Who cares? It's all about winning the offseason.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't give up, don't ever give up... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JimmyVWeek?src=hash">#JimmyVWeek</a> </p>— PT (@PTisFLY) <a href="

">December 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived