April 13th against the Rays

Crazysilver03

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burres deserved better. Ah well, Tampa is a good team now and at least it wasn't Pena that beat us this game...

So they say but I'm still not buying it. They're certainly more talented than we are, but they're still pretty fundamentally unsound. That inning was a matter of luck and then one spectacularly bad pitch to Upton.

It is interesting to see what kind of impact a 6-0 lead may have on a young (inexperienced) pitcher. I would think it would have to make them a lot more comfortable, but maybe too comfortable?

VaTech, maybe you can shed some light on this?

As far as best brother baseball tandems, the Niekro's probably deserve to be up there. So do the Perrys. As far as position players its hard to go against the DiMaggios. Don't forget Vince DiMaggio who made two all star teams.

Big Poison and Little Poision Waner from the 20's and 30's, Paul and Dizzy Dean, too. Rick Ferrell is a HoFer and his brother Wes had several 20 win seasons, too.

There's also the Delhanty brothers, but I don't know much about them. They were from the turn of the century.

Got a text, glad to see Markakis busted a homer today. So much for playing hurt, huh?

And thanks for the info on Niemann :)

Archived