Thank You, Matthew Richard Wieters

OFFNY

I'm fine with Wieters going out and getting the best offer he can. Who here wouldn't? He owes it to his family.

This whole notion of him coming cheap simply isn't going to happen. I hear so many unrealistic notions here.

Matt has long been one of my favorite players on the roster but I think next year it'll be time for Sisco. It might be a gamble but we need a little more payroll flexibility. Wieters is definitely in the Orioles Hall of Fame when it's all said and done. He represents the orange and black well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't know that Sisco would be ready next year. I would be willing to give Wieters a 3 year contract. First year he is the primary catcher like this year. 2nd year he splits time with Sisco. 3rd year he plays around 60 games. I dont know how much that is worth but I would say 3 years 30 million seems fair to me.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

(vs. YANKEES, October 2nd)

NUMBER 16

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

o

o

NUMBER 17

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

o

o

NUMBER 16

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

o

I don't know that Sisco would be ready next year. I would be willing to give Wieters a 3 year contract. First year he is the primary catcher like this year. 2nd year he splits time with Sisco. 3rd year he plays around 60 games. I dont know how much that is worth but I would say 3 years 30 million seems fair to me.

I'd be fine with that. The thing of it is I like Caleb too, but he's no Matt Wieters. I think Matt will get a bit more than 3/30.

Matt was VERY clutch this season. If this is the last time we see him in an O's uni, I want to say that it's been great. A possible Orioles HOFer.

Oh, I don't think there's really any doubt about that. All the guys who were core guys on the 2012-16 teams will be in the Orioles HOF some day, because they're associated with winning. And if Wieters doesn't come back in 2016, we're on the outside looking in. I'm very happy that he had the big day today.

Oh, I don't think there's really any doubt about that. All the guys who were core guys on the 2012-16 teams will be in the Orioles HOF some day, because they're associated with winning. And if Wieters doesn't come back in 2016, we're on the outside looking in. I'm very happy that he had the big day today.

It's not hard to get into the Orioles HOF. Rich Dauer is in the Orioles HOF. Roenicke and Lowenstein. There will be many representatives from this iteration of the team.

Personally, I'd give Wieters a 3 years deal at $45m plus 1 year option (total 5 year $60m).

3 + 1 = 5?

Well, Wieters by the end of the year had maybe a $10 mil season. If the Orioles want him back, but aren't QO-ing him, I think the $10 mil range is what we're looking at.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That's Wieters first career game homering from both sides of the plate. Last done for Orioles, July 25, 1996 by Roberto Alomar.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">October 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That's Wieters first career game homering from both sides of the plate. Last done for Orioles, July 25, 1996 by Roberto Alomar.</p>? Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">October 2, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

o

1996: ) Roberto Alomar Velazquez

2016: ) Matthew Richard Wieters

2036: ) ???

o

o

Bookends.

Matt Weiters' offense won both the first game of the regular season (Opening Day) and the last game of the regular season (Game 162, against the Yankees.)

o

(vs. TWINS, April 4th)

1-0 sounds so much better than 0-1.

And against the Twins, also (we were 0-7 against them last year.)

o

FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON:

o

NUMBER 16

o

o

NUMBER 17

o

Archived