Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If by everyone you mean like six people. I never expected him to be the savior as some did a month ago, and don't see hiw hus performance or outlook is so bad, either.

I agree. I hoped for a savior, never expected it. He's really struggled lately which was to be expected. But, that doesn't mean he can't be a great player for this franchise if we have patience with him and he continues to improve.

How would I know where it's coming from? I was wrong. He has four home runs, despite tanking over the last 3 weeks. So, he's on pace for 16 and if the one that was brought back wasn't, he'd already be on pace for 20 as a rookie. Amazing to me how anyone could dispute the argument that he has 20 hr power when he's basically on that pace as a rookie while really struggling lately.

Pace isn't 4/44*162. Pace is current number + (reasonable pace based on history). Rickard's minor league HR rate was 4 per 500 PAs. So I'd expect him to end the year with about six or eight.

So if it is less than 6 months, you round down.

It isn't nitpicking it is you being so eager to try and correct me you couldn't spend 30 seconds to check first.

I'm done.

You are never interested in actual discussion.

You just aren't.

You have no desire to learn or to grow.

I'm over it.

I learn every day. I recognize the fact that I'm often wrong. But, that doesn't stop me from objecting to posters who have never admitted they were wrong and act like they know more about baseball than I do, when they don't. Have a great night.

Pace isn't 4/44*162. Pace is current number + (reasonable pace based on history). Rickard's minor league HR rate was 4 per 500 PAs. So I'd expect him to end the year with about six or eight.

I said his ceiling, his potential was 20. If he blossoms, I would expect close to that this year. If he continues to be over matched, he may not reach 10 because he won't play. His home run total is dependent on his ability to adjust to his current troubles.

I don't know why but for some reason folks take being critical of a player as having a personal dislike of them.

I don't get it.

Because gang mentality disturbs me. One thing you do well is always defend your opinion. Most jump on board after a few start..

Rickard may or may not be the answer, but dude was red hot for how many months? Don't relegate him yet. Patience, lord know we had enough with Ryan Flaherty. Maybe his power will develop. If not, still mighty successful. Just give the dude a break. Pitchers adjusted, so may he.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because gang mentality disturbs me. One thing you do well is always defend your opinion. Most jump on board after a few start..

Rickard may or may not be the answer, but dude was red hot for how many months? Don't relegate him yet. Patience, lord know we had enough with Ryan Flaherty. Maybe his power will develop. If not, still mighty successful. Just give the dude a break. Pitchers adjusted, so may he.

I've stated before that I am fine with him playing.

I don't want him playing every day and he shouldn't be leading off against RHP.

If this is a playoff team can they afford to have a guy doing OJT at the top of the lineup?

For the record what have I said about him that is unfair or inaccurate?

I have my doubts that he's a minus-2-win player. You're doing the same thing brianod did with Rickard's HR "pace".

Pretty sure we don't have an abundance of evidence from his time in the minors that would directly correlate to how he rates compared to the standard of a MLB replacement player.

So I would say it isn't that analogous.

To Brianod (since I can't seem to reply to a quote now): Problem is dude, you've been so dismissive of Kim without giving him the same benefit of the doubt as you give Rickard

I said Kim earned more playing time two weeks ago. I recognize what Buck recognizes about him. His value is obp. He's below average defensively, he's average at best running and he has shown no hr power. Hr power in camden yards is a really nice to have. All that being said, if he can achieve a 350-370 obp, I'm all for him playing every day. All I've ever said is that Rickard has a higher ceiling. I've never said Rickard would end up better than Kim. I say let him play and see how he does.

Archived