Do you watch O's games with your spouse?

NashLumber

My wife will wear my Orioles gear around the house, but she just tolerates me watching the game. Also, it's confusing when you see your wife in nothing but an oversized Felix Pie shirt and you get turned on.

The guy hit for the cycle for heaven's sake, that makes it OK, right? Fellas?

Our youngest had an unexplained attachment to Chris Parmalee. She asked about him in the pre-season. I had to explain to her that he's in another organization now. But I think she just latched onto anyone named Chris on the O's. Tillman had his bobblehead giveaway when we were there for her first O's weekend in '14.

Above our computer:

13f07e92aa207b53babf12ccb8f7aeb3.jpg

It's not just baseball, but my girlfriend and I watch lots of sports together. We have a different method for each that allows us to keep up:

Baseball: We watch delayed and fast forward between pitches. Miss some announcing commentary, but total watch time reduced to approximately 1 hour.

Hockey: We watch delayed and fast forward through commercials and intermissions. Viewing time reduced to just under 90 minutes.

Football: We watch games in real time, traveling for many. At the game, she records the secondary every play, since that can be difficult to determine from TV. Afterwards she does the note taking (I can't read my own handwriting) for the pieces I write for RSR and we score the offensive line together on Tuesday night. She's a big part of the process and I don't know how I'd do it without her. It's also quality family time.

Married for 27 years. My wife rarely watched baseball .."TOO BORING" she would say. Has always been a Ravens fan.

She was laid off in December. Since then, she has done a flip and started the following:

*Listening to the same music as me - Progressive Rock

*Ventured away from macro brewed beers, and will sit all night with me drinking craft beers. She has the ability to pick up on the subtle nuances of craft beers.

*Since game 1 this season, she will sit and watch the entire O's game with me. She now knows the difference between a change up, a curve, and a slider. I'm teaching her well :thumbsup1:

It's not just baseball, but my girlfriend and I watch lots of sports together. We have a different method for each that allows us to keep up:

Baseball: We watch delayed and fast forward between pitches. Miss some announcing commentary, but total watch time reduced to approximately 1 hour.

Hockey: We watch delayed and fast forward through commercials and intermissions. Viewing time reduced to just under 90 minutes.

Football: We watch games in real time, traveling for many. At the game, she records the secondary every play, since that can be difficult to determine from TV. Afterwards she does the note taking (I can't read my own handwriting) for the pieces I write for RSR and we score the offensive line together on Tuesday night. She's a big part of the process and I don't know how I'd do it without her. It's also quality family time.

Due to my schedule, we've been watching them WAY delayed lately. But if Palmer's doing color, I don't fast-forward between pitches. We definitely skip the commercials, some of the challenges and the inning previews.

My girlfriend was unfamiliar with baseball when we met (she's Croatian), so I had to explain the game to her. That took a while, which is not always easy on TV broadcasts, but it worked. She more or less humored my passion but then once she went to her first game with me last year, she said it all made much more sense. We went to OD again this year for her second game, and she really enjoyed it (the "Joey" chant cracked her up for a guy in his first game). She'll never be a die-hard, but she did buy an Orioles hoodie and t-shirt, both of which she regularly wears. I'll take that, even if she'll never be the type to be eager to see a game on TV. I don't ask that she embrace it as much as I do, but even just the acceptance of my love of the game is enough for me.

Archived