vs. ASTROS, 5/24

OFFNY

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Called him the best manager he had ever seen, a man who had brought winning back to the organization and to the community. One of his best friends. And a man who prioritizes winning to the detriment of his happiness.

...But Buck seems to have a very fulfilling life regardless. Wife, dogs, charity, his "guys" (the O's), and a fan base that rarely criticizes him for the most part, and still supports him even when they do point out something he messed up on.

I think winning is what makes Buck happy. I think he's going to have a very, very happy year.

I don't think what he is taking is detectable.

I read once that Raffy is the only guy to ever lead the league in both singles and home runs.

Did you see his arms in that AB? Got a pretty good shot, he's like a 5'9" Chris Davis.

It is defined at the top. It isn't by any means official, it's just something I did on my own. It seems like a more reasonable definition.

Thank you. :) I missed that. Makes sense to me. The traditional quality start definition is kind of meaningless....

Is 9 IP, 4 ER not a "quality" start? The amount of bullpen work you save by doing that is extremely meaningful in the long term war of attrition of the season. Provided that going 9 doesn't make you throw out your arm and go on the DL...

How about 5.2 IP, 0 ER? Also nice, and many of us would take that any day of the week, too.

Archived