Mancini talk, 2017

weams

Davis is not a 3B and BOS would be delighted to take Manny off our hands. Their top 2 prospects are a 3B and a LHP. They also have a SS prospect further down. They have scored more runs than the O's in spite of hitting 34 less HR. The have better 1B than Davis and a promising 1B prospect currently on the team. They could use a GG 3B who will hit at least 30 HR.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You really think that the hyped coverage of Judge is because the Yankees are a full four games ahead of us in the standings?

I do think part of the appeal is Judge's freak physical stature. 

I think he would be getting a fair amount of attention if he were doing this for another team.

Dude's gigantic.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

You really think that the hyped coverage of Judge is because the Yankees are a full four games ahead of us in the standings?

Well, first of all Judge leads the league in home runs.  That's obviously impressive for any player, especially a young one breaking out.  But also unlike Mancini he was a top 100 prospect.  I don't think Mancini ever was, so I suspect a lot of people think Mancini will come back to earth more so than Judge -- sooner or later.  We'll have to wait and see.  But yes the fact that Judge is a Yankee gets him a lot more attention than it would otherwise.  Not like he doesn't deserve it, though.  If Mancini keeps up what he's doing then more hype will come his way for sure too.  It's pretty amazing that the O's two best hitters this year by a good margin are Schoop and Mancini.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Davis is not a 3B and BOS would be delighted to take Manny off our hands. Their top 2 prospects are a 3B and a LHP. They also have a SS prospect further down. They have scored more runs than the O's in spite of hitting 34 less HR. The have better 1B than Davis and a promising 1B prospect currently on the team. They could use a GG 3B who will hit at least 30 HR.

Yeah, I don't disagree with the idea of trading Manny to Boston.  I just think Angelos would never do it, even if he did green light a rebuild.  They don't have a better 1B than Davis.  Better value 1B than Davis, yes, but not better.  Thus far Moreland is outperforming his career numbers, while Davis is under-performing his.

2 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

It is kind of crazy Mancini get's no attention from the national media. I'm not expecting Judge level coverage but even on national TV the announcers are just like "Here comes Trey Mancini who is having  a solid year" and that's that. 

Yesterday the Rays announcer called him "rookie sensation" Trey Mancini.

Didn't even realize how good Mancini has been until I looked. Wow.  Just killing it across the board.

240 PA's but I mean pushing 1.000 OPS is an amazing start. 

If Trey keeps this up, hope Trumbo finishes strong and move him. Screw "clubhouse chemistry". 

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

Didn't even realize how good Mancini has been until I looked. Wow.  Just killing it across the board.

240 PA's but I mean pushing 1.000 OPS is an amazing start. 

If Trey keeps this up, hope Trumbo finishes strong and move him. Screw "clubhouse chemistry". 

How much you willing to give up to get out from his contract?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

How much you willing to give up to get out from his contract?

Oh please. If he gets back to his career averages we will be on the receiving end. 13m is pocket change for a MLB player with a pulse these days, especially one prone to hit 30-40 HR.

Just now, TradeAngelos said:

Oh please. If he gets back to his career averages we will be on the receiving end. 13m is pocket change for a MLB player with a pulse these days, especially one prone to hit 30-40 HR.

Right...that is why other teams were making so many offers during the offseason, because he's in high demand.  Did you see all those bat first defensively challenged guys making the big bucks last offseason?

Even at 9M/Win scale we will be lucky if Trumbo earns his contract.  He's at .2 rWAR right now.

As for being prone to hitting 30-40, he's hit 30 three times and 40 once.  I don't think that qualifies as prone.

The truth is the Orioles value that style of player more than the rest of the league does.

3 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

It is kind of crazy Mancini get's no attention from the national media. I'm not expecting Judge level coverage but even on national TV the announcers are just like "Here comes Trey Mancini who is having  a solid year" and that's that. 

Shouldn't that be enough? Trey doesn't need national recognition. He is good at what he does. 

8 hours ago, El Gordo said:

ALL that well said... we're not trading Manny in Division.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived