At what point do you stop running Bundy out there?

LookitsPuck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

This is Bundy's 2nd consecutive start in which he has had 5 days' rest.

I'm hoping that if the Orioles CONTINUE to give him 5 days' rest for the next couple of weeks that is left in the regular season, we'll start to see the more dominant Bundy that we saw earlier in the season ........ perhaps a little better tonight than in his last outing, and then a little better in his next outing than in this outing, etc.

And worry about the post-season if and when the Orioles get there.

I would have already shut him down, so immediately. The Orioles are being irresponsible.

I don't think we know enough to say that for sure.

But I am highly concerned about how they have handled him in the second half of the year.

I think his dips in velocity and problems commanding his pitches might be the results of fatigue and I think a fatigued pitcher is more likely to be injured than one that isn't.

I don't think we know enough to say that for sure.

But I am highly concerned about how they have handled him in the second half of the year.

I think his dips in velocity and problems commanding his pitches might be the results of fatigue and I think a fatigued pitcher is more likely to be injured than one that isn't.

No, of course we don't know for sure. But neither do the Orioles. They're gambling with both a future asset and a man's health and career. The Nationals had the good sense not to ride Strasberg into the ground, and I wish DD would use the same good judgement, but considering his trade history, I don't think he's one to look more than a year or two into the future.

No, of course we don't know for sure. But neither do the Orioles. They're gambling with both a future asset and a man's health and career. The Nationals had the good sense not to ride Strasberg into the ground, and I wish DD would use the same good judgement, but considering his trade history, I don't think he's one to look more than a year or two into the future.

I've said before that I don't think he cares what shape the franchise is in when his contract is up.

I've said before that I don't think he cares what shape the franchise is in when his contract is up.

I think that was obvious the moment he traded away Eduardo Rodriguez for a rental reliever in 2014 or even after some of the trades he made in 2013 (K-Rod, Feldman, Norris).

I think that was obvious the moment he traded away Eduardo Rodriguez for a rental reliever in 2014 or even after some of the trades he made in 2013 (K-Rod, Feldman, Norris).

Yea, I'm still fine with the Rodriquez trade. He was the #3 pitching prospect in the organization and was having a down year.

Miller is the type of acquisition that actually changes the odds of winning the WS.

Now when you give up a first round pick for Gallardo...

Now not than.

Frankly I don't think Dan is interested in overseeing rebuilds. He wants a ring.

OK, now I see what you're saying. It may be ring or bust with Dan, but I think it's more ring or bust with Angelos. I'm guessing Angelos is the one saying win now, and Duquette is doing the best he knows how with the pieces he's got. But his experience in Boston was the opposite. He was the rebuild GM for those Red Sox winning teams while Theo got the credit when they did win it all.

It probably wouldn't have changed the outcome with the way Porcello was going, but if Bundy (1) makes the play on Bogaerts in the first and (2) doesn't make a poor 0-2 pitch to Bradley, it saves him a lot of pitches. He doesn't have to see Betts again until the fourth or fifth. Maybe he gets into a rhythm. The Red Sox really put the screws to Bundy, but Bundy was his own worst enemy. He had good stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Archived