At what point do you stop running Bundy out there?

LookitsPuck

I'll play excuse maker. Facing the best lineup in baseball back to back games Doesny help. He isn't getting any free passes pitching in this division. The Nats have a great staff but facing those NL East teams helps.

I assume he starts Saturday. Off day Monday. They can push him back then if they want.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now not than.

Frankly I don't think Dan is interested in overseeing rebuilds. He wants a ring.

You keep saying this. I mean the club is winning. He had made mistakes no question but he is also playing in a division with 2 big market teams. He needs to do a better job with some of his decisions but he has to take some risks.

You keep saying this. I mean the club is winning. He had made mistakes no question but he is also playing in a division with 2 big market teams. He needs to do a better job with some of his decisions but he has to take some risks.

I keep saying it because he keeps acting in the same fashion. Give me some evidence of him taking he long view.

I keep saying it because he keeps acting in the same fashion. Give me some evidence of him taking he long view.

I get that but I am not against it as much as you. I think he has to take some risks. He needs to do a better job of "who"we get but the cost I don't have as much of an issue with as you do.

I think he is trying to win now but so do a lot of teams. The Jays gave up some young talent in recent years.

I get that but I am not against it as much as you. I think he has to take some risks. He needs to do a better job of "who"we get but the cost I don't have as much of an issue with as you do.

I think he is trying to win now but so do a lot of teams. The Jays gave up some young talent in recent years.

Justify selling those draft picks.

No, of course we don't know for sure. But neither do the Orioles. They're gambling with both a future asset and a man's health and career. The Nationals had the good sense not to ride Strasberg into the ground, and I wish DD would use the same good judgement, but considering his trade history, I don't think he's one to look more than a year or two into the future.

I don't think the O's are riding Bundy into the ground, but maybe it is a little questionable. It would be wise to limit him to 5 IP or 90 pitches the rest of the year. What the Mets did with Matt Harvey, increasing his innings from 0 to 240+ was abuse.

At this point, it's as much about "who else do you run out there?" as it is "do we keep starting Bundy?" Our options are mighty limited in the final leg of a playoff chase, so I don't see where Buck has much choice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should shut him down like the Nats did with Strasburg to be safe! Limiting innings thrown by young pitchers clearly prevents future issues for sure. That's why we don't see as many injuries and surgeries like we did back in the day.

Remember, Bundy is a good bit removed from TJ surgery, unlike Strasburg was. Also, remember the Nats have not gotten that far since then. Win now, worry about tomorrow the day after tomorrow!

Remember, Bundy is a good bit removed from TJ surgery, unlike Strasburg was. Also, remember the Nats have not gotten that far since then. Win now, worry about tomorrow the day after tomorrow!

Sure.

But he is not that far removed from the "I've never seen calcification like this in a pitcher's shoulder before.". Or the "I felt a twinge in my elbow when I threw my Cutter.".

Both of the above "quotes" were paraphrases.

At this point, it's as much about "who else do you run out there?" as it is "do we keep starting Bundy?" Our options are mighty limited in the final leg of a playoff chase, so I don't see where Buck has much choice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given how little time is left, he's only got another two starts left in him, I'd think. The way he's thrown of late, I don't know if he'd be in the playoff rotation (should they make it), or not. Probably not. He could be valuable as a mid-innings guy in a pinch there, though.

He never traded Hunter Harver, Dylan Bundy or Gausman when teams were calling all the time. If he were taking the short view all the time none of those guys would be on the team.

He never traded Hunter Harver, Dylan Bundy or Gausman when teams were calling all the time. If he were taking the short view all the time none of those guys would be on the team.

Forgot Chance Sisco. Could have traded him for something at the deadline if they were thinking short-term.

Archived