Hitting Coach

Bird Dog

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys.....didn't mean to make everyone mad.....I guess I'm definitely wrong....LOL

You are just frustrated as we all are. These guys just do not score any runs, and can't get a guy in from third with less than two outs. We have not given up more than 5 runs in a good while, but we have only scored more than five one time recently.

Need to bring in more players that work the count.

No hitting coaching coach is going to fix this swing at everything approach or Davis inability to get the bat off his shoulders with 2 strikes. That and he's going nowhere.

Markakis worked the count.

Schoop has regressed.

Davis watching way too many strike 3s.

O's were only dominant early on when Trumbo played way above his head.

Jones on the top of the lineup only worked when pitchers threw him strikes. Now he's not getting them and his aggression is getting him out.

Now the rest of the team is pressing.

Truth be told, the top of the lineup has disappointed tremendously.

Davis, Schoop, Trumbo, Machado and Jones just aren't driving in any runs.

Schoop has regressed.

Davis watching way too many strike 3s.

O's were only dominant early on when Trumbo played way above his head.

Jones on the top of the lineup only worked when pitchers threw him strikes. Now he's not getting them and his aggression is getting him out.

Now the rest of the team is pressing.

Truth be told, the top of the lineup has disappointed tremendously.

Davis, Schoop, Trumbo, Machado and Jones just aren't driving in any runs.

We were up against a real good pitcher tonight. See what tomorrow brings. That said, I agree with your take. One dimensional offense. Just can't win consistently when the only way you can score is HRs. We have been treading water since July and that is not a good place to be even if we get lucky and make the playoffs.

I don't think hitting coach would help that much. Listened to interview with Jones pregame, and he said when he slumps its because he isn't aggressive enough at the plate. Really?

I'm not sure if a hitting coach is going to change the behavior of a lineup full of hackers.

He also said that he talks about his approach with Kirby and then as an afterthought he added "and Coolbaugh". Jones is the one with the contract and his name on the line-up card, he'll do what he pleases.

Also, Jonsey doesn't understand the correct usage of the word "anomaly", but he likes to use it a lot.

Archived