vs. BLUE JAYS, 10/04 (Wild Card Playoff Game)

OFFNY

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching the pregame. I like JRoll, but Sheffield is an idiot.

The whole pregame segment on TBS is almost unwatchable. Very little analysis. At least they took a pretty hard line re: the Toronto starter, thought they harped on that a bit too much though, this isn't the Blue Jays pregame show.

Of course it is technically the playoffs, but it's not really. The other teams aren't playing because they are waiting for the wild card game to be played first. The ALDS is the beginning of the postseason for me regardless

of what the "dictionary" says. It is the ground between the regular season and the postseason to me, but you're right that it is subjective. When all teams have started their playoff series games, then the postseason has

begun, but so long as there are teams sitting around waiting for other teams to qualify or not qualify for the ALDS, I just can't consider the playoffs as having begun. That's just me, though. I'm not enough of a concrete

thinker to just believe something just because it's the "official line", but it's pretty cool that the Orioles are even playing now. I think starting Stroman is a bad idea for the Jays. Liriano earned this one and should be the

one taking the hill, but we'll see.

MLB says you are wrong.

Archived