vs. BLUE JAYS, 10/04 (Wild Card Playoff Game)

OFFNY

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to say, i'm going on record that I think Chris Tillman is the right starter to pick in this game despite the fact that Ubaldo has been so good of late. I think Chris gives us 6 solid innings. Then Buck should match up in 7th and 8th, and to the hammer in the 9th!

Just want to say, i'm going on record that I think Chris Tillman is the right starter to pick in this game despite the fact that Ubaldo has been so good of late. I think Chris gives us 6 solid innings. Then Buck should match up in 7th and 8th, and to the hammer in the 9th!

Veteranosity is a big joke on this board, but you can depend on Chris, even if he starts out bad, he will find a way to be Chris. Gut it out.

I didn't realize you were that close to NYC. I thought you were upstate closer to Cooperstown.

o

I'm a little over an hour from Manhattan, and 55 minutes north of the Bronx ........ and trust me, I am in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLD up here in Brewster than they are down there in New York City.

I'm a country boy, though and through.

Sessh that's a very thought provoking post. Your point about the wildcard was especially interesting. I kind of agree that it is a contest between the two runner ups. So in a way, not the playoffs - if the playoffs are defined as the best team in their division, record-wise, going up against their counterparts from other divisions.

But if you define the playoffs as any game played beyond the regular season, which is my take, then they do qualify. Funny how subjective the playoffs are in terms of the wildcard.

I still don't count the Central as a real division.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Commissioner Rob Manfed says he would like the September call up rules modified to closer resemble the same as the first 5 months</p>? Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="
">October 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he has to make a change, I would have the team designate a 25 man list of available players for each game.

I'd be ready for Britton in the 8th.

Archived