2016 A.L.D.S. (Indians vs. Red Sox)

OFFNY

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I like the Indians. I don't even harbor any lingering bitterness from 1997. Despite still having emotional scars from watching the last game of that series from beginning to bitter end by myself in a Radisson bar in Orinda, CA.

It was Even Steven. We ripped their hearts out in 1996. I can still see Roberto Alomar hitting that 2-out, 2-strike single in the 9th to tie and then the homer in the 12th to win.

Francona must have heard the criticism of Buck because he brought in his best reliever Andrew Miller in the fifth inning. It's like Francona thought to himself, there's no way I'm going to lose this game because I took too long to go to my best reliever after the way Buck got destroyed by the media.

I think I like the Indians. I don't even harbor any lingering bitterness from 1997. Despite still having emotional scars from watching the last game of that series from beginning to bitter end by myself in a Radisson bar in Orinda, CA.

I resent Armando Benitez more, Tony Fernandez could not handle his fastball ball. Benitez got tired of Fernandez fouling off his fastball, caved and threw a hanging breaking pitch.

Francona must have heard the criticism of Buck because he brought in his best reliever Andrew Miller in the fifth inning. It's like Francona thought to himself, there's no way I'm going to lose this game because I took too long to go to my best reliever after the way Buck got destroyed by the media.

And Miller rewarded Francona with some classic late reliever style....manufacturing trouble then miraculously getting out of it.

I resent Armando Benitez more, Tony Fernandez could not handle his fastball ball. Benitez got tired of Fernandez fouling off his fastball, caved and threw a hanging breaking pitch.

I have a feeling many of the posters who were saying Buck didn't lose the WC game by not bringing in Britton didn't feel the same way towards Armando Benitez after the 1997 ALCS.

Archived