ICHIRO?

ELMERO

Am I nuts for even thinking this?  Hasn't been much going on here,lately.  Just stirring up the pot with this. Anybody think Ichiro has another year left in him?  Sure, he's 75 years old, but I'm thinking he could add something of value to this team.  Go ahead and rip me apart, I can take it. Now, give it some thought, first.

No harm in throwing out names for discussion! That said, I don't think Ichiro is a full time player at this point in his career. The Orioles sure could have used him in his prime though. Great baseball player. Even more talented then his numbers indicate because he sacrificed power for the good of the team. Much like Tony Gwynn. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

No harm in throwing out names for discussion! That said, I don't think Ichiro is a full time player at this point in his career. The Orioles sure could have used him in his prime though. Great baseball player. Even more talented then his numbers indicate because he sacrificed power for the good of the team. Much like Tony Gwynn. 

Or you could say that he sacrificed the team in search of hits.

We are talking about someone whose BA-OBP divide is basically the same as Adam Jones.

You could make a case that he would have been better off walking more instead of putting pitcher's pitches into play.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or you could say that he sacrificed the team in search of hits.

We are talking about someone whose BA-OBP divide is basically the same as Adam Jones.

You could make a case that he would have been better off walking more instead of putting pitcher's pitches into play.

You could say that just as you coulG say Jones would be better of showing more patience and taking walks, sacrificing some HR, but that is not his game and walking wasn't Ichiro's game either,

9 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

You could say that just as you coulG say Jones would be better of showing more patience and taking walks, sacrificing some HR, but that is not his game and walking wasn't Ichiro's game either,

Which is fine, but don't say his game was all about helping the team.

Ichiro tailored his game to collecting hits. 

25 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'd be pretty happy with a Bourne return.  Plus it seems like we're destined to eventually sign one of the OH darlings of Crisp and R.Davis.  

There could be worse things than a a Bourne/Davis platoon in RF but it would not be my first choice.  

I have a feeling we only sign/trade for one outfielder, although we need two.  The fact that they took two outfielders in this Rule V leads me to believe that they really hope to keep one of them on the 25 man roster.  Jones, Kim, Rickard and Tavares or Santander.  Only room for one more outfielder.  

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

There could be worse things than a a Bourne/Davis platoon in RF but it would not be my first choice.  

I have a feeling we only sign/trade for one outfielder, although we need two.  The fact that they took two outfielders in this Rule V leads me to believe that they really hope to keep one of them on the 25 man roster.  Jones, Kim, Rickard and Tavares or Santander.  Only room for one more outfielder.  

Well, Rickard has options.

17 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Well, Rickard has options.

Do you expect Tavares or Santander to be better than Rickard?  Otherwise, I don't see how 2 of the 3 don't make the opening day roster.  

It will be interesting to see how many outfielders we add.  Really hope it's two.  

Just now, ChuckS said:

Do you expect Tavares or Santander to be better than Rickard?  Otherwise, I don't see how 2 of the 3 make the roster.  

It will be interesting to see how many outfielders we add.  Really hope it's two.  

Santander is almost sure to start on the 60-day DL.  If Tavares is reasonably close to Rickard, I would guess he holds the advantage over Rickard, since Rickard can be optioned and he cannot.

22 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This sort of mythological hyperbole is silly to me. There is no evidence that this is true or even if it were, that it was actually better for the team. Their talent is measured by what they did, not by hypothetical renditions.

Archived