vs Cubs 7/16

NashLumber

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thatbearflies said:

We got three outs without giving up a run. Bordick just jotted down a note for the next inning saying, "Ubaldo starting to get locked in. Turn and burn. The crusher."

Lol, "turn and burn".

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

The beer I got at the 7-11 has instructions. Apparently I was supposed to pour 3/4 of it into a glass, swirl the bottle to suspend the yeast at the bottom, then pour that into the glass. I just drank it from the bottle. Plus I almost was tempted to get a jalapeño popper while at the 7-11. I suspect those are not on the food pairing list.

Ew! You gotta pour slow til all the sediment is still in the bottle. One swallow sacrificed to the beer gods.

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

By "held accountable," I meant statements in the national and local media to the effect that McDowell (or the Orioles pitching coaches generally) -- as opposed to the starters themselves -- have failed dismally. I am not in Baltimore and don't see the Sun regularly, but I do read (and see on TV) a lot of the national press and Baltimore bloggers. I don't think I've seen anything like that, except on this site, and here only recently. Maybe it's been out there and I just missed it or have forgotten it.

Oh, OK, you are talking media coverage.

I don't think that Shmuck or the Sun writers have had much to say.

And obviously Roch wouldn't.

But I have certainly heard both callers and talk show hosts on 105.7 regularly bring up the fact that we have had major declines from many pitchers (most) on the staff since McDowell came in.

22 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

And with that last run, the starters' ERA for the season is 6.00 and counting.

The Orioles pitching this year is historically bad. Certainly the starting pitching is. I would like to know where they rank historically in era-adjusted ERA.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because he has done the job before and not sucked.

Why should we assume that he suddenly doesn't know how to do his job?  How is that more likely?  Do you think guys that have been around as long as Miley, Ubaldo and Tillman would listen to him if he was spouting harmful information?

He did OK in Atlanta like 5-6 years ago but after 2013 he has been horrible.  Lets not also forget that the Braves were concerned with his approach with players as well as developing young prospects..

so yeah he has sucked, sucked for past 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Buck said he likes Quintana. If they were going to be buyers, you think there was any thought to going after a quality pitcher like him?

They gave up their #1 and #2 for him. Are you going to give up Sisco and Sedlock+ ?

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

He does cut a ridiculous figure out there, but how many guys do we have who could shut out the RS (even the lineup that's in there this afternoon) for four innings?

Are they throwing the starters collectively for an inning apiece?

Archived