Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sure it is.   If you have a Mercedes with a small dent in the fender, you don't accept $4,000 in trade in.    If that's all they offer, you walk away.  

I get walking away from bad offers on Britton.  Part of a GM's job is creating interest in assets he wants to move.  Did DD create interest in Brach, Smith or Castillo?  Did we get low ball offers on every single one of our marketable assets?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

The Orioles aren't going to compete in 2018 either.

Agreed with the big losses of Ubaldo, Miley and Tilman how could we possibly have a dent team.  We are just looking to much talent.  Heck if Gausman woke up before the all star break we would be in contention this year.

Just now, Frobby said:

I love people criticizing without having any idea what teams have offered for Britton.    

I just don't see the value Britton brings for a team who will be lucky to go .500. Certainly no value for next year's team. 

Prob gonna be between what they're being offered now and whatever Britton brings to the table plus a draft pick summer 2019. 

Again, I would have traded him AND Machado this past winter.

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm guessing Britton to LAD but we don't hear till 4:07 and there is a huge freak out.  

I think the dream's dead for now. Wouldn't be surprised to see some fringier guys get moved in August, but that's about it.

Archived