Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm ok with this. LH RP. We can't complain the the owner doesn't spend money. 

There's something very strange about this. I've commented on this a bunch of times in the past couple years. The Orioles spend freely on veteran player salaries, sometimes resembling the drunken sailor of MLB. But they're ridiculously, stupidly, self-destructively cheap as far as pretty much everything else is concerned.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And yet, somehow those teams are all over .500 and in playoff contention.  Not one of those teams has the biggest joke of a rotation in the majors. 

They also have International players to keep and draft. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why though?  We wouldn't spend the money if we didn't have it. I'd rather have Hellickson than 2 million more in the Angelos bank account.  Thanks PA.  Now I don't have to listen to kapaernick talk on 105.7.

I know you know the answer to your own question. And yea the QB talk on the fan is annoying.  At least Jeremy is back.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You know Sweater Vest over in Philly is a trade master.  I guarantee we are getting bent over and screwed hard here.  

But hey, we gave up international money we were never gonna use so....

We get a pitcher to help rest of way. 

They get an Int Slot Bonus Petey will not use.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Could we be costing BOS their guy?  They might've been in on Hellickson with Pride going down. They don't have international slots to trade like us. 

The way Hellickson has pitched this year, I would've gladly let him go to the Red Sox.

Archived