ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

Here it is to straightaway CF!  427 feet with 106 EV

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, RZNJ said:

I was a big Tommy Davis fan because he seemingly came out of nowhere but then I realized that he was actually a really great young player for the Dodgers in the early 60's before a broken ankle kind of sidetracked his career.  Check out his baseball ref stats.

Davis'  '73-74 seasons are straight out of a bizarro-world time capsule.  He was basically a full-time DH with a 105 OPS+, just over replacement level.  But he had a Hanser Alberto line, hit .306 but with a .732 OPS, and somehow finished 10th in the MVP voting.  In 1973 there were people who thought he was the best player on the Orioles.  In 2019 we'd be talking about his exit strategy, if maybe some contender would like to have him as a platoon guy or pinch hitter so we could ditch his contract.

Now 10 years prior... Davis may be the answer to "Who is the most obscure post-WWII player to have a 150 RBI season?"  He actually had two batting titles.  I'll have to do a bit of research but he may also be the only player whose single 100-RBI season also cleared 150.  His top RBI season was 153, his second-best was 89, and he played 18 years in the majors.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Davis'  '73-74 seasons are straight out of a bizarro-world time capsule.  He was basically a full-time DH with a 105 OPS+, just over replacement level.  But he had a Hanser Alberto line, hit .306 but with a .732 OPS, and somehow finished 10th in the MVP voting.  In 1973 there were people who thought he was the best player on the Orioles.  In 2019 we'd be talking about his exit strategy, if maybe some contender would like to have him as a platoon guy or pinch hitter so we could ditch his contract.

Now 10 years prior... Davis may be the answer to "Who is the most obscure post-WWII player to have a 150 RBI season?"  He actually had two batting titles.  I'll have to do a bit of research but he may also be the only player whose single 100-RBI season also cleared 150.  His top RBI season was 153, his second-best was 89, and he played 18 years in the majors.

I’ll admit, I was shocked when I went back to look at Davis’ ‘73-74 stats and saw how low his OPS was.    At the time, he was perceived as a very good hitter and a big contributor to those teams’ successes.    

1 hour ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Keith Law is a believer.

Jason: ))) Is Anthony Santander just a guy having a hot streak, or is he something more ???

Keith Law: ))) Something more. He might be a regular there. Shouldnt his nickname be Banco by now ???

o

Then he saw Santander's face ........

o

o

(vs. ROYALS, 8/21)

NUMBER 12

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER