August Schedule is Ripe for a Run

VeveJones007

With Trumbo getting his 10 days now, that is everyone but AJ in the 30's set getting a chunk of time off.

Schoop and Manny have the youth and experience blend, and Mancini we'll see.

Even the years we've made the playoffs, I've always felt the other good teams were at closer to peak strength in October because we ride our frontline guys pretty hard.  If there's a run this year, I think the enforced rest so far will help fuel it.

Weird things can happen when you get a few shots in the arm from extra players. Hellickson, Beckham, and Santander could all boost the team a bit in August, along with Machado and Britton finding themselves again.

That's only if Bundy and Gausman and Ubaldo keep pitching well. That's a mighty big "if". 

Os have been making KC look real bad.

Keep this momentum going! We're 10-5 in our last 15 games, and the Bundy and Gausman are both coming off the best starts of their seasons.

I feel like Hellickson's performance tonight will be indicitive of their playoff chances...

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Will they put it in a movie?

Nah. Everybody hates the Orioles. 

Keith Law will be sitting there saying "Well if you take away this 21 game streak, this team sucks" 

And everyone else will be crying smoke and mirrors 

Screw em all

The media reaction to our trade deadline has been pretty unanimously negative, focused on the idea that the O's should have sold because they have basically no chance to make the playoffs this year, and probably not much chance next year either. 

I don't necessarily disagree with that.

But because of that, my desire for the team to prove everyone wrong may be stronger now than it has been at any other point in this five-year streak of projection-beating.

7 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

The media reaction to our trade deadline has been pretty unanimously negative, focused on the idea that the O's should have sold because they have basically no chance to make the playoffs this year, and probably not much chance next year either. 

I don't necessarily disagree with that.

But because of that, my desire for the team to prove everyone wrong may be stronger now than it has been at any other point in this five-year streak of projection-beating.

I completely agree. Several of the national guys seem like they're happy we didn't sell so they can pile on us. 

I really hope we somehow make a run at it just so their heads' explode

Archived