Is this rock bottom?

webbrick2010

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And it's even WORSE when you are the first run and your team is two runs down.   There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Well sadly there is.

You’re right....There is no excuse for that play from a major league team. Unfortunately, we don’t have one. 

3 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

If we were a real team, Gentry would have been released this AM, at some point you have to start having accountability and unfortunately it is the fringe players that are easiest to make an example of.

Yea, I'm sure if they released Gentry Davis would get the message and stop sucking so hard.  Trumbo would probably became a decent outfielder.  Susac would start to hit.  The list goes on and on.

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, I'm sure if they released Gentry Davis would get the message and stop sucking so hard.  Trumbo would probably became a decent outfielder.  Susac would start to hit.  The list goes on and on. 

Have to start somewhere, of course Davis and Trumbo will be released eventually, hopefully when the new FO takes over.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would have liked to have seen Roch or somebody ask Gentry was exactly he was thinking. Just morbidly curious as to what his response would be. 

I'm sure he wasn't trying to do something stupid. What's even more amazing is that the Nats actually thought it a good idea to run a pickoff play at 2nd base in a situation where no reasonable human being would be running. Perfect storm of ****, which basically happens every single night.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Machado would volunteer to move back to third and run out pop-ups. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I would have liked to have seen Roch or somebody ask Gentry was exactly he was thinking. Just morbidly curious as to what his response would be. 

I'm sure he wasn't trying to do something stupid. What's even more amazing is that the Nats actually thought it a good idea to run a pickoff play at 2nd base in a situation where no reasonable human being would be running. Perfect storm of ****, which basically happens every single night.

I didn't see the play but was Gentry just trying to steal third?   Maybe he had a bigger lead than normal.  I don't understand why you would try and steal third at that point unless it was part of a double steal.  But Buck said it was not.

Archived