Dean Kremer 2018

orioles22

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Ehhh, Chen not so much.

To clarify, Kremer is dealing.

6IP, 2H, 0R, 2B, 8K, 3 pop-ups

I think his day is finished. Pitch count got elevated with a few 8+ pitch ABs. Curveball and FB command were as good as I've seen them, didn't start throwing anything else until about the 5th inning. 

Nice to see the pop ups.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think your 14 ranking for him may be low.    I realize these guys are close, but could you explain why you have Tate above Kremer?

It may be very well be, he's already higher on my running list.

The simple answer for why I ranked Tate higher was that after watching 4-5 of Kremer's starts, I didn't see a third pitch that could be particularly useful at the big league level. Since I made the list (the first one, I didn't change any of the rankings for the recent one with the Gausman/Schoop prospects), the change has flashed average in a couple starts. Fastball command was the best I've seen today.

I attended the Baysox game today.  Kremer looked real good, never seen him pitch previously.  Did a nice job mixing up his pitches.  Stadium radar gun showed 93 - 94 mph on several fastballs.  

Jay Flaa came in and pitched the 7th, 8th, and 9th.  Gave up a 2-out, none-on HR in the 9th.  Other than that, he looked good as well.

Baysox offense was helped out by some keystone cops defense by Erie.  Offensively Baysox were led by Austin Hays (HR, double) and Corban Joseph (HR).  Yusniel Diaz wasn't too impressive with the bat IMO - but just a one-game sample size.

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kremer closed out his season with a 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 10 K performance.   His ERA at Bowie was a tidy 2.58 and he had 53 K’s in 45.1 IP.

Wonder if he goes back to Bowie to start 19 or if they push him to Norfolk. 

Bowie's rotation is going to be pretty full with three sure promotions (Lowther, Baumann, and Wells) and Zimmerman and Gonzalez repeating.  

He's been dominant.  I'd start him in Norfolk despite him only having 50 innings in Double A.   

23 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Wonder if he goes back to Bowie to start 19 or if they push him to Norfolk. 

Bowie's rotation is going to be pretty full with three sure promotions (Lowther, Baumann, and Wells) and Zimmerman and Gonzalez repeating.  

He's been dominant.  I'd start him in Norfolk despite him only having 50 innings in Double A.   

I agree there’s a good chance he gets promoted to Norfolk.   

Archived