Dean Kremer 2018

orioles22

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, cman.dc said:

I hope either Kremer, Akin or Ortiz capture one of starter spots next year (and have success). Less pressure on the next wave like Hall, Hanifee or Rodriguez.

In my ideal world, all three start the year in Norfolk and gradually make their way to the majors, none accumulating a full year of service time but all getting enough experience to be presumptively in the 2020 rotation.  

Any of them making the ML rotation to open next season will depend more on this offseason than anything they do in spring training. If Bundy, Cobb, Cashner are all still on the roster, there is probably only one spot left. Hess deserves to start the year in the rotation from what he's done so far. We'll see how Rogers fairs the next few weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
9 hours ago, LookinUp said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/orioles-dean-kremer-demonstrates-delivery?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage 

I wonder how many guys come across as so mechanically knowledgeable. For me, it's a trade off between being smart and over analyzing at the expense of just performing athletically. Kremer seems like a smart guy.

This is really cool! I love stuff like this, thanks for sharing.  I have no idea if his ability to articulate his mechanics will translate to any sort of sustained success, but I think it's a good sign that he's so sensitive to slight changes.  Verlander is extremely 'mechanically knowledgeable' and he's pretty good.  I think Kremer is a future rotation piece for us.

9 hours ago, joelala said:

This is really cool! I love stuff like this, thanks for sharing.  I have no idea if his ability to articulate his mechanics will translate to any sort of sustained success, but I think it's a good sign that he's so sensitive to slight changes.  Verlander is extremely 'mechanically knowledgeable' and he's pretty good.  I think Kremer is a future rotation piece for us.

I think it bodes well. He will fit right in with our new leadership.

20 hours ago, LookinUp said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/orioles-dean-kremer-demonstrates-delivery?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage 

I wonder how many guys come across as so mechanically knowledgeable. For me, it's a trade off between being smart and over analyzing at the expense of just performing athletically. Kremer seems like a smart guy.

Lowther is like that as well, perhaps moreso.

16 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Comps mislead more than they lead, but if we have a guy in this org that is like Keuchel, it would be Lowther, right?

As far as ends up being much better than one would assume from his pure stuff, yes.

As similar types of pitchers, no. Keuchel is GB/weak contact guy where Lowther is a flyball strikeout guy.

Archived