An Early Look at the 2019 Draft

Greg Pappas

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

I am scared to death they take him.  He doesn’t have the upside that some of the other guys have imo.  He is nice pick but not a guy I see in top 3 or so.  

I'd love to have a guy that is close to a guaranteed average ML player at catcher for six years.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Draft is eight months away not eight days.

True. although Machado draft of 2010 it was pretty clear the whole winter that Harper, Taillon and Machado were the top and were going top3.   But then, of course, Chris Sale went 13.   We need a daggone Chris Sale. 

I pray you are wrong. At this point every pick is valuable. Trumbo will be in the last year of his contract so if he doesn't produce just release him, same thing we should do with CD ( we save enough in salary this past year and 2019 to cover his remaining salary. 

Just now, jgjbanker said:

I pray you are wrong. At this point every pick is valuable. Trumbo will be in the last year of his contract so if he doesn't produce just release him, same thing we should do with CD ( we save enough in salary this past year and 2019 to cover his remaining salary. 

Same could have been said of Webb and Matusz.

Obviously I don't want it to happen.

5 hours ago, tntoriole said:

The problem is we need to hit another Machado caliber player in this draft and there ain’t no Machado caliber player in this draft. 

Can we try to get a Machado-caliber player who runs the bases even if he thinks he's hit a HR or is going to be out?

Archived