Per Nightengale: Dan Stays, Buck Goes.

weams

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I believe that, I don't think DD is a great GM or anything, but I think he's competent and the Orioles (when PA was involved) were wholly incompetent. 

My question is was it just ownership stopping him or is this saying Buck had too much influence which I know can be traced back to the owner. 

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I’m sure Doug Witt will be an objective source of information about his nephew.    It says he’s a pro scout so hopefully he won’t be involved in the draft.    

But the way organizations like the O's work, I wouldn't be surprised if he has some lateral influence.

Can anyone identify one thing that Brady Anderson has done, or some experience or abilities he has, outside the fields of nutrition and conditioning, that qualify him to assist in efforts to put together a baseball team?

I understand that that the Angeloses like and respect him. What else is there? He seems to have been associated with or to have promoted a series of bad decisions and unsuccessful efforts at player development. 

The possibility that Anderson might get more involved in GM-type functions makes me concerned that that if Duquette is not retained the Angeloses will make a bad decision from a depleted field of candidates to replace him, and that they might rival their father in his monumental stupidity in running the Orioles. 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Can anyone identify one thing that Brady Anderson has done, or some experience or abilities he has, outside the fields of nutrition and conditioning, that qualify him to assist in efforts to put together a baseball team?

I understand that that the Angeloses like and respect him. What else is there? He seems to have been associated with or to have promoted a series of bad decisions and unsuccessful efforts at player development. 

The possibility that Anderson might get more involved in GM-type functions makes me concerned that that if Duquette is not retained the Angeloses will make a bad decision from a depleted field of candidates to replace him, and that they might rival their father in his monumental stupidity in running the Orioles. 

He has negotiated some deals.

10 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I believe that, I don't think DD is a great GM or anything, but I think he's competent and the Orioles (when PA was involved) were wholly incompetent. 

And most likely better than who we could have found to replace him, under the Angelos' ownership and with Brady liasoning around. He's also learned the ropes of how to deal with the O's organization and very motivated to redeem his reputation in, one hopes, a freer set of circumstances.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I don't think he ever stated that this was his opinion. 

"Buck Showalter, the former #Rangers manager, also is expected to be dismissed by the Baltimore #Orioles at the season's conclusion. Orioles GM Dan Duquette, who got rave reviews for his deadline deals, is expected to receive extension."

Is expected by whom, he doesn't say.

Archived