Per Nightengale: Dan Stays, Buck Goes.

weams

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Roch wrote this morning that Brady will either have a similar role or receive a promotion. 

What’s Brady Anderson’s role in the organization moving forward?
Stays the same or he’s elevated. Those are the two scenarios. He’d gladly take on more responsibilities, but he’s not pushing anyone out the door to do it. And he’s always going to be the Swiss Army knife of baseball executives, no matter which title is attached to his name. People need to accept that instead of harping on how unusual it is. He’s going to train players because conditioning and nutrition are in his wheelhouse. He’s going to shag fly balls in workout clothes and offer one-on-one hitting instruction. He’s going to wear jeans and an open-collar shirt with a sports coat, no matter the function. It’s fine.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/09/because-you-asked---full-throttle.html

Ain't fine.

Roch's recent tone could be described as embattled against unreasonable fans who have the audacity to question the team's decisions. 

I appreciate that beat writer is a terribly difficult job that I wouldn't want to do, but I'd suggest a different tact with the team shooting for a historic loss total. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Roch's recent tone could be described as embattled against unreasonable fans who have the audacity to question the team's decisions. 

I appreciate that beat writer is a terribly difficult job that I wouldn't want to do, but I'd suggest a different tact with the team shooting for historic loss totals. 

He effectively works for the team.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He effectively works for the team.

I know, but the idea is that he is a pleasant, informative liaison from the team to the fans. Recently, he's been more critical of the fanbase than the team, which can't be the best way to go about things. 

Archived