Takashi Saito out at least 6 weeks. Any interest in Sherrill?

Baltimore_Bob

Why am I the only one who seems to see the red flag that is LaRoche's injury history? The guy has missed significant time the last three seasons because of injuries.

I also love it how SG has jumped on the DeJesus bandwagon after he was all about Hu. What happened to Hu anyway that suddenly dropped him off the radar?

And the fact that Hu dropped so quickly and that Lillibridge also is having problems just goes to show how quickly a highly touted prospect can become a suspect.

Sherrill is worth more than a suspect.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why am I the only one who seems to see the red flag that is LaRoche's injury history? The guy has missed significant time the last three seasons because of injuries.
His back is the only concern..I believe he missed time caused by a HBP..No biggie, that happens.
I also love it how SG has jumped on the DeJesus bandwagon after he was all about Hu. What happened to Hu anyway that suddenly dropped him off the radar?
Actually, i have been talking about DeJesus for a while...I am pretty sure he was in top 5 for Dodgers prospects going into the season...I have wanted someone more ML ready but he is now much closer, so that factors into things...I wanted Hu and still would like him but I felt, just like Lillibridge, that many on here overrated him(just as they are Escobar IMO)...While he would be nice to have, his bat has only produced one good season...Now, I did like hearing about the adjustments scouts said he made last year but obviously, since they haven't carried over to this year, you have to wonder if he was just a one year fluke.

Would you deal LaRoche, Dejesus, McDonald and Matt Riley for Huff and Sherrill?

Its interesting what you say about LaRoche..i think many people on here are totally glancing over what the Dodgers are doing to him...They are going to make his value almost nothing...Its a shame too, kid has a ton of talent...as long as his back stays healthy.

Replace DeJesus with Hu and McDonald with Meloan and I could see that happening. McDonald is the Dodgers' best SP prospect, so I don't see him being moved for a RP and a poor defensive 3B.

However, Colletti might think differently. It's really sad to see what the Dodgers have done to LaRoche. Granted his injury history didn't help matters, but this guy has never been given a fair shot in LA -- and likely never will. LaRoche is likely overvalued by us fans and undervalued by GMs because of his injury history and lack of MLB production.

Replace DeJesus with Hu and McDonald with Meloan and I could see that happening. McDonald is the Dodgers' best SP prospect, so I don't see him being moved for a RP and a poor defensive 3B.

However, Colletti might think differently. It's really sad to see what the Dodgers have done to LaRoche. Granted his injury history didn't help matters, but this guy has never been given a fair shot in LA -- and likely never will. LaRoche is likely overvalued by us fans and undervalued by GMs because of his injury history and lack of MLB production.

Kershaw?????

Hmm, that makes it more interesting.

LaRoche, Hu, Meloan, and Riley for Sherrill and Huff. I think now I'm at least debating it, but I think I still pull the trigger.

I'm bias towards getting another McDonald for selfish reasons (always want the jersey with my last name on it, and Ben is long gone!), plus, I mean, he is good and all.

Hmm, that makes it more interesting.

LaRoche, Hu, Meloan, and Riley for Sherrill and Huff. I think now I'm at least debating it, but I think I still pull the trigger.

I'm bias towards getting another McDonald for selfish reasons (always want the jersey with my last name on it, and Ben is long gone!), plus, I mean, he is good and all.

Hu and Meloan have seen their values take a hit....I think if you don't want to include DeJesus and McDonald, you include 1 of the 2 and then take on the peer of the other.

Hu and Meloan have seen their values take a hit....I think if you don't want to include DeJesus and McDonald, you include 1 of the 2 and then take on the peer of the other.

If one of McDonald/DeJesus are in there instead of Meloan/Hu, I make the deal in a second. That, to me, makes me think it can't happen.

I feel like usually if I have no hesitation making a deal, then the chances are pretty good the other team wouldn't do it. When I have to take a look at it long and hard and really think about it, I feel like it's usually more realistic.

If one of McDonald/DeJesus are in there instead of Meloan/Hu, I make the deal in a second. That, to me, makes me think it can't happen.

I feel like usually if I have no hesitation making a deal, then the chances are pretty good the other team wouldn't do it. When I have to take a look at it long and hard and really think about it, I feel like it's usually more realistic.

The deal makes a lot of sense on each side.

The deal makes a lot of sense on each side.

Sure does, also nice to have some Dodgers fans on here give their perspective on it to. If you have fans of both teams saying something looks pretty fair, I'd say you are pretty close to something that could actually happen.

That said, apparently the Dodgers FO is impossible to deal with and we all know how the Orioles work, even with MacPhail in charge.

Sure does, also nice to have some Dodgers fans on here give their perspective on it to. If you have fans of both teams saying something looks pretty fair, I'd say you are pretty close to something that could actually happen.

That said, apparently the Dodgers FO is impossible to deal with and we all know how the Orioles work, even with MacPhail in charge.

It's too bad McCourt doesn't just cut Colletti loose and promote Logan White and/or Kim Ng. Ng and especially White are the reasons the Dodgers have an abundance of young talent. Colletti has made few good moves in his reign as Dodger GM. Us Dodger fans just cringe over who might be traded/acquired by July 31. I'm sure we'd all be happy if no moves were made. However, that isn't likely.

It's too bad McCourt doesn't just cut Colletti loose and promote Logan White and/or Kim Ng. Ng and especially White are the reasons the Dodgers have an abundance of young talent. Colletti has made few good moves in his reign as Dodger GM. Us Dodger fans just cringe over who might be traded/acquired by July 31. I'm sure we'd all be happy if no moves were made. However, that isn't likely.

Trust me, we've been there.

Archived