Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

Just now, Philip said:

Why?

if a guy is bad over a long time, he’s just bad.

he can start in the minors but not at the MLB level.

Bad one season in AAA.  Not bad over a long time.  I want him to do it at the major league level but you're way overstating your case, atomic.

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

Bad one season in AAA.  Not bad over a long time.  I want him to do it at the major league level but you're way overstating your case, atomic.

He was bad in 1 season in Norfolk and downright awful in 1 season of Norfolk/Baltimore.

His Spring Training right now is giving him a huge advantage in the offensive category for the 25 man roster, but his regular season is key. Same with everyone else. 

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, 3 in three official at bats, 7 RBI.    That will get your attention.   

I am happy for him, but if we cant be happy for Wright and his production in 4 innings, the same applies to Chance.

The question here, is, we know he can bat, but his play behind the plate was below average and thats not going to cut it.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He was bad in 1 season in Norfolk and downright awful in 1 season of Norfolk/Baltimore.

His Spring Training right now is giving him a huge advantage in the offensive category for the 25 man roster, but his regular season is key. Same with everyone else. 

How has his catcher skills look this ST?

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If -.2 WAR is awful and 0. WAR is replacement that leaves -.1 for bad?

I think you are exaggerating his difficulties just a tad.

It would be kind of poetic if part of Hyde's opening act is getting a lot from Sisco by making him feel comfortable after the story that Buck stopped Wieters-hazing in his early days as skipper.

For any roto-heads out there, I have an option to keep Sisco for $5 in my AL-only.  This was an easy no until about today.  March 1 is keeper declaration day.

18 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He put up a .736 OPS in 2017 as a 22 year old in Norfolk - a difficult place to hit.  I wouldn't call that bad.  He only had 150 at bats their last year.  

He obviously struggled significantly in his limited time in Baltimore last year.  I think there is some hope for him based on how good he was the rest of his minor league career.  

Perhaps he has made some serious adjustments and will be a break out player for us this season.  Not counting on it, but not writing him off based on a lousy 2018.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

It would be kind of poetic if part of Hyde's opening act is getting a lot from Sisco by making him feel comfortable after the story that Buck stopped Wieters-hazing in his early days as skipper.

For any roto-heads out there, I have an option to keep Sisco for $5 in my AL-only.  This was an easy no until about today.  March 1 is keeper declaration day.

How deep are the rosters, and how many teams?