Britt Ghiroli Appreciation Thread

TGO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK...

I hope you enjoy it.

I'm past the point where I judge folks by their music.

If you follow the music forums you will see I post a lot more than just Prog.

I just meant that my last post pretty much exhausted my limited knowledge of prog rock. Indie's my security blanket, but I really like all types of music. 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

My problem is everything not sports related that I have read from there has fallen between boring and infuriating.  I'm still annoyed at the random prog rock hit piece.

Not sure I want to give them my support.

If they have a problem with King Crimson or ELP , I’ll happily join your Athletic boycott.

Her statement indicates she’s intrigued by The Athletic’s entry into video.  Might have been nice to see her and someone like Luis Matos replace Tom Davis and Rick Dempsey on the MASN pre and post game.  Thorne, Palmer, Davis & Dempsey are all 69 + yr old caucasian males.  Since we’re shaking things up........

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

My problem is everything not sports related that I have read from there has fallen between boring and infuriating.  I'm still annoyed at the random prog rock hit piece.

Not sure I want to give them my support.

Sounds as though they're trying to occupy the hipsterish niche that Grantland once did. I haven't read anything on The Athletic. Do the articles have footnotes?

I'm sorry, I found nothing special--though nothing unacceptable--in her writing or perceptions. Never evocative, never able to relate baseball in an interesting way to other aspects of life. It's been a long time since Baltimore baseball writing was interesting.

-- From a capsule motel in Tokyo, my volume of Kafka's short fiction on a plywood shelf.

11 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

Her statement indicates she’s intrigued by The Athletic’s entry into video.  Might have been nice to see her and someone like Luis Matos replace Tom Davis and Rick Dempsey on the MASN pre and post game.  Thorne, Palmer, Davis & Dempsey are all 69 + yr old caucasian males.  Since we’re shaking things up........

Tom Davis owns his own MASN programs. 

Archived