Britt Ghiroli Appreciation Thread

TGO

https://theathletic.com/676361/2018/11/27/brittany-ghiroli-ignoring-warnings-and-taking-risks-leads-to-d-c/

Britt is leaving her post as the Orioles beat writer for mlb.com to run coverage of the Nationals for the Athletic. I appreciated her coverage of the team since 2010 and thought she was deserving of one of these threads.

Tried to embed her instagram post but it wouldn't work.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Couple years later than I was expecting.

Shame, she's talented.

I figured she'd get promoted to a superior beat at MLB.com but the Athletic works too.

The Athletic is locking up lots of great talent. Really going to have to consider a subscription. Best of luck to Britt. Always enjoyed her work.

5 minutes ago, theocean said:

The Athletic is locking up lots of great talent. Really going to have to consider a subscription. Best of luck to Britt. Always enjoyed her work.

My problem is everything not sports related that I have read from there has fallen between boring and infuriating.  I'm still annoyed at the random prog rock hit piece.

Not sure I want to give them my support.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

My problem is everything not sports related that I have read from there has fallen between boring and infuriating.  I'm still annoyed at the random prog rock hit piece.

Not sure I want to give them my support.

You would be a prog rock guy.

Britt is good at what she does, for sure.  She'll be on a national (no pun intended) level some day.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

You would be a prog rock guy.

Britt is good at what she does, for sure.  She'll be on a national (no pun intended) level some day.  

I listen to a lot of stuff.

The piece in question stated that prog  had no ties to black music.

How bad a premise is that?

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

I always enjoyed her work...detailed, to the point, sharp!  She will be missed! 

I was honestly skeptical of her, given that she was a fresh grad, and graduated from MSU, with few ties to the area.  But she has pleasantly surprised.

Archived