3/5 of the Rotation Today?

Bahama O's Fan

I think Wright will probably make his scheduled start. He only threw one inning.

Hess threw like 45 pitches so I doubt he'll make his.  Kinda wished he would have started today.  His stuff was actually playing against the Yankee lineup unlike Cashner. 

Maybe Means but he seems like the logical choice to follow Karns Saturday. 

5 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

I think Wright will probably make his scheduled start. He only threw one inning.

Hess threw like 45 pitches so I doubt he'll make his.  Kinda wished he would have started today.  His stuff was actually playing against the Yankee lineup unlike Cashner. 

Maybe Means but he seems like the logical choice to follow Karns Saturday. 

Hyde after the game interviewed by Gary Thorn said he's in good shape. Said Hess will start "in a few days." Assuming he meant Monday. Yesterday was like a bullpen for him.

Rotation?  Haha. I think Cobb and Bundy will be our only two SP going over 4-5 IP. Cashner will against weaker teams. Other than we’re just covering innings. 

We’re going to use “openers”, but not like the way TB did. We have to just call our SP that because we know they can got 3+ IP. 

If there ever was a year to see what Castro could do. How many meaningful IP will be and Givens even get?  

Why is Wright on this team?  We know what he can do. Come in and nibble and walk the stadium. I know he’s here early on until guys in AAA can get stretched out but the dude is the same old terrible. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Rotation?  Haha. I think Cobb and Bundy will be our only two SP going over 4-5 IP. Cashner will against weaker teams. Other than we’re just covering innings. 

We’re going to use “openers”, but not like the way TB did. We have to just call our SP that because we know they can got 3+ IP. 

If there ever was a year to see what Castro could do. How many meaningful IP will be and Givens even get?  

Why is Wright on this team?  We know what he can do. Come in and nibble and walk the stadium. I know he’s here early on until guys in AAA can get stretched out but the dude is the same old terrible. 

Largely agree with much of this. This thing is going to be highly unorthodox this year, with a few starters, a few openers, and a lot of mixing and matching throughout the middle innings to get by with guys that can give us 2-3 inning stints. Going to be a bit of a struggle, but will be interesting, if nothing else, to see us cover a LOT of mop up innings. 

This, as we all know, will not be a fun year.

10 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Did we go through 3/5 of the current rotation today?

Cashner, Wright and Hess?

Who else is in the rotation? Bundy and...?

Who starts games four and five?

What happens game two after the opener?

What about if Bundy sucks?

Whatever happens will happen. 

Can't wait to see what happens. Our starters are garbage so we have nothing to lose. I am curious as to what Hyde thinks is the upside of using starters' "bullpen sessions" in actual games. Maybe the idea is to keep anyone from having to go a third time through the order? Cashner had only thrown 75 pitches but going to Wright/Hess allowed him to exit at batter no. 20.

Archived