Adam Hall at 2nd, Cadyn Greiner at Short for Opening Night

Legend_Of_Joey

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think there’s a reasonable chance that happens.     Of course, the O’s may feel compelled to move Grenier faster due to his age.    

One can knock the O’s for choosing Grenier at 37, but by the same token, Hall at 60 (in 2017) is really looking like a good pick in that spot.    There’s only two drafted players in the Sally League who have a higher OPS and are the same age or younger than Hall

Right, but it's always more fun to repeatedly beat on a front office that isn't even employed by the franchise any more instead of ever focus on something good that happened. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Grenier with the Platinum Sombrero tonight, 5 strikeouts in 5 AB.

He's looking like a bust at this point. 

He was a reach at 37th overall, most agreed at the time of the pick.  Even more frustrating is seeing that the 38th pick HS SS Xavier Edwards is hitting .338 with a 10 to 7 walk to strikeout ratio at the same level.

Edwards wasn't a reach at 38.  At least we hit on Hall the previous year, but the Grenier pick just seemed really bad from the start given his questionable hit tool and limited upside. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

With Grenier promoted several weeks ago, Hall has just recently caught up to him in playing time at SS at Delmarva.   It’s interesting to compare their defensive numbers at Delmarva.

at SS:

Grenier 54 G, 474.1 Innings, 62 PO, 149 Asst., 9 errors, 28 DP, .959 Fldg %, 4.00 RF/9

Hall 55 G, 480.2 Innings, 49 PO, 122 Asst., 9 errors, 18 DP, .950 Fldg. %, 3.18 RF/9

at 2B: 

Grenier 26 G, 231 innings, 48 PO, 53 Asst, 2 errors, 10 DP, .981 Fldg %, 3.94 RF/9

Hall 39 G, 349 innings, 60 PO, 82 Asst., 2 errors, 18 DP, .987 Fldg %, 3.79 RF/9

Recognizing that range factor is heavily influenced by outside factors, a lot of those should wash out when comparing two players who played behind the same pitching staff in the same stadium in the same year.    So, it would seem from those numbers that Grenier has a bit more range than Hall, and is a bit more adept at turning the double play.

I’d be interested in any comments from Luke or others who’ve watched a lot of Delmarva baseball.   I know that early on, Luke had commented that Hall’s actions seemed more fluid and less mechanical than Grenier’s.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Hall was 2-5 tonight with a double. His line sits at .302/.360/.403. I imagine he and Grenier will be splitting second and short again next year at Frederick.

I hope it's Hall at SS and Grenier at 2B considering Grenier is quickly becoming an ORG guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Adam has sort of been our forgotten man this year. Put together a pretty good season numbers wise. 

Interested to hear how he has looked in the field and how much more the power will develop.

Side note-he’s been hit by a pitch 19 times this year, good for 3rd in the league and would be 4th in the MLB.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Adam has sort of been our forgotten man this year. Put together a pretty good season numbers wise. 

Interested to hear how he has looked in the field and how much more the power will develop.

Side note-he’s been hit by a pitch 19 times this year, good for 3rd in the league and would be 4th in the MLB.

He got hit 11 times in 62 games last year.    Not afraid to get plunked, apparently.    

He’s had a very solid, consistent year.    I’d love it if he had just a bit more power, but overall, no complaints.   

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He got hit 11 times in 62 games last year.    Not afraid to get plunked, apparently.    

He’s had a very solid, consistent year.    I’d love it if he had just a bit more power, but overall, no complaints.   

Yep. That's what he needs to become a highly ranked prospect. Rest of the profile looks good to me at least.