DL Hall 2019

weams

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

I didn't see it, but Law's "ump show" tagline would certainly seem to suggest that the ump had a bit of a quick trigger.

No doubt, but it also doesn't seem like Hall handled the situation well. From what Luke (and Law, slightly) have pointed out, the profile is still awesome. However, the results haven't been great and now there's some adversity. I suspect this is all part of growing and am not worried, but it's not exactly ideal either.

Hall with 10 strikeouts, one walk and two hits in five shutout innings today. He left with a 3-0 lead on 82 pitches.

Seabrooke just coughed up a two-run homer in the sixth. You'd think they would let him throw 100 pitches in a game since it's almost June. Great showing though.

Now, it's two two-run homers. No win to show for a great outing.

Edited by orioles22

Hall had a brilliant outing today, allowing only 2 hits and 1 walk while striking out 10 in 5 innings.    He threw 82 pitches, 52 for strikes, before being removed.  

Unfortunately, Travis Seabrooke relieved him and coughed up 4 runs in the 6th, erasing Hall’s 3-0 lead and removing him from the decision.   

• 2 weeks later...

I like everything about Hall’s season except the walks — 22 in 35 innings.   His K rate is tremendous (15.2) and his H/9 (6.9) very good.    But the walks have led to runs and also shortened his outings.    He hasn’t thrown a ton of innings this year compared to our other top pitchers.    

Hall was super wild yesterday but somehow escaped only allowing 1 run in 4 innings.    He threw 89 pitches, only 42 of which were strikes, and walked 6 in addition to yielding 4 hits.    He escaped a bases loaded, one out jam in the 2nd inning, and later faced a bases loaded, nobody out situation in the 4th and only allowed one run.    Glass half full, he showed he can work out of trouble.    But overall I’d call that a very subpar outing.