DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

They aren't playing service games with a 25 year old outfielder who isn't even among the top three outfield prospects in the system. 

I think they like Wilkerson because of his speed in the outfield and Alberto has kind of been hitting, at least against lefties.  Along with a Davis DFA, one of those two could be sent down to make room for DJ.  

I expect to it to happen soon though.  I would personally keep Wilkerson as the utility IF and DFA Alberto.  DFA'ing Davis is certainly the best option I just don't see it happening yet. 

I hope and did not think they would play service time games with Stewart for all the reasons you state. But if they don’t call him up soon I will seriously start to question their decision making process and wonder if they are manipulating  his service time.  

4 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I hope and did not think they would play service time games with Stewart for all the reasons you state. But if they don’t call him up soon I will seriously start to question their decision making process and wonder if they are manipulating  his service time.  

What if they call up Hays instead of Stewart?

That's a harder call.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What if they call up Hays instead of Stewart?

That's a harder call.

I agree. But the two moves are not necessarily mutually exclusive. There are scenarios where in a month Hays, Stewart, Sisco, and Mountcastle are all on the roster. Unlikely, of course, but that is a possibility and that team would be a LOT more fun to watch. 

11 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I agree. But the two moves are not necessarily mutually exclusive. There are scenarios where in a month Hays, Stewart, Sisco, and Mountcastle are all on the roster. Unlikely, of course, but that is a possibility and that team would be a LOT more fun to watch. 

Highly unlikely.  But I agree, it's possible.  DFA Davis, DFA Alberto, Option Wynns, and someone to the IL could get you there.  Wilkerson could be optioned instead of Alberto but they would need to keep one of those two for the utility IF. 

I would be very surprised if we saw Mountcastle before September.  Stewart and Sisco I expect in Baltimore very soon and Hays could be up here in July or August if he keeps hitting in Bowie/Norfolk. 

25 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Phillies are looking for a left handed bench bat with a little pop.  Smith Jr to the Phils and promote Stewart to play left.  When Hays is ready, he goes to right.

Smith, Hoskins and Bryce would make for a fierce OF.