Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Steve Wilkerson - RF

Trey Mancini - 1B

John Dwight Smith, Jr. - LF

Rio Ruiz - 3B

KEODARELBROXTOCF

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Pedro Severino De Leon - C

John Alan Means - LHP )) (5-4, 2.72 ERA)

COLORADO ROCKIES

Raimel Antonio Tapia Linarez - LF

T.J. Story - SS

Nolan Arenado - 3B

Daniel Murphy - 1B

I.M. Desmond - CF

David Dahl - RF

Brendan Rodgers - 2B

A.J. Wolters - C

Jeffrey Robert Hoffman - RHP )) (0-1, 7.20 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

We catch a couple breaks.   Charlie Blackmon  is one of Colarado's better hitters and he is out of the lineup tonight with a sore calf, day to day.

And Rockies closer Wade Davis just went in the IL, you might remember him as a 2014 ALCS nemesis.

Rockies starter is Jeff Hoffman, a former Blue Jay 1st round pick out of East Carolina who went to Colorado in the Tulowitzki deal.   At 26, he has never lived up to his 1st round billing due to a combination of injuries and not being very good (-1.0 career MLB WAR).

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Question for you guys. Was looking at Gameday pregame. They had the lineup and then a button for "Stacast". Had AEV, ADIS, LA and then there was "Events". What are Events?

I'm guessing it's this.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/statcast/batted-ball-event

A Batted Ball Event represents any batted ball that produces a result. This includes outs, hits and errors. Any fair ball is a Batted Ball Event. So, too, are foul balls that result in an out or an error.

Batted Ball Events are a fundamental part of Statcast data. They are used as the denominator when determining batting metrics such as average Exit Velocity and average Launch Angle. All Batted Ball Events by a given hitter are used to determine these averages.

• Upvote 1

Do the Rockies still need a first baseman? For the longest time I was begging the Orioles to shuffle Mark Trumbo to Colorado, but they wouldn’t take my calls. 

The National League West is pretty stacked, and I’m not sure what playoff possibilities Colorado has, but boy I’d sure like to talk him into giving us something meaningful for Trey