2019 General Draft Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

pineapple%20pizza.jpg?pw=1200

I was gonna say (hours later...) ham and pineapple has meat but that's a FAIL!

I'm sure Adley's has pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, ham, bacon, venison, elk, buffalo, reindeer, lamb, mutton, chicken, duck..........

and onions.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

By the way, I’m not trying to imply anything negative I’m just wondering if you had your own personal ranking of how the day would go and how accurate it was if you did.

I didn’t do a mock, but I expect some of the guys I’m high on to go earlier than expected by other outlets. There are a few of those so far, I’m pretty happy with it.

Kind of mad I subbed out Gorski last minute, I had him in the 60s but he injured himself in the NCAA regional and I wasn’t sure how that’d effect him going forward. Then he gets drafted early.

Gorski = Hoosier = sub him out at your own risk.  lol.

I am sure the Os were working the phones tonight to see if any bonus demands came down.  Big advantage to drafting 1-1, 3-1 and 11-1.  Maybe we could pop and sign a projectible HS pitcher like Dalquist at 3-1, and then slot guys in rounds 4-6, and senior signs for 7-10.

These early picks not only represent a very strong infusion of talent but are at positions of little depth in our system overall (C, 3B) w/ little OF investment below AA outside of Sparks and Nuestrom.

1 hour ago, hoosiers said:

Gorski = Hoosier = sub him out at your own risk.  lol.

I am sure the Os were working the phones tonight to see if any bonus demands came down.  Big advantage to drafting 1-1, 3-1 and 11-1.  Maybe we could pop and sign a projectible HS pitcher like Dalquist at 3-1, and then slot guys in rounds 4-6, and senior signs for 7-10.

These early picks not only represent a very strong infusion of talent but are at positions of little depth in our system overall (C, 3B) w/ little OF investment below AA outside of Sparks and Nuestrom.

Thanks for pointing out the 11-1 pick. I think that’s a big deal. Rep to you sir. 

I wouldnt mind doubling down on another HS “SS” here. We’re just so thin on IF prospects. But we could get cute here and take one of the tough signs. Then draft some 5-20k guys to make up for it. 

How much do these kids really want to go through college?

So quick review.  Each guy taken last night (and early this morning) are all likely about at slot picks.  So Luke's list of guys, the '$" guys are likely out, right? Unless we take a try in the event someone misses a physical or changes their demands?

37 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

So quick review.  Each guy taken last night (and early this morning) are all likely about at slot picks.  So Luke's list of guys, the '$" guys are likely out, right? Unless we take a try in the event someone misses a physical or changes their demands?

1:1 almost never gets full slot. If report is true Elias agreed to terms with AR weeks ago, they likely have a deal that will give us some savings. That might get used on Henderson. Stowers might be a little savings. A college junior who moved up the boards this year with strong performance probably doesn’t want to risk regression and end up a guy in the back end of the first 10 rounds with no leverage. 

That said, I don’t think they have much right now for another big overslot. Going for a senior sign here likely depends on how much they like the guys on the board. If a guy is there that signs for slot that you think is value, take him. If not, stash slot money for later. 

28 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

1:1 almost never gets full slot. If report is true Elias agreed to terms with AR weeks ago, they likely have a deal that will give us some savings. That might get used on Henderson. Stowers might be a little savings. A college junior who moved up the boards this year with strong performance probably doesn’t want to risk regression and end up a guy in the back end of the first 10 rounds with no leverage. 

That said, I don’t think they have much right now for another big overslot. Going for a senior sign here likely depends on how much they like the guys on the board. If a guy is there that signs for slot that you think is value, take him. If not, stash slot money for later. 

Thanks, overall this is what i thought, but didn't really do a good breakdown.  

I guess if they save 750k-ish on AR and give it to GH, they could go tough at 3.1 and do lower 4-10.  I think it was mentioned first 3 are protected, so this would be a good pick to gamble since they could get another chance 2020 with a 3.2, unlike 4-10.

3 minutes ago, weams said:

DAY TWO

RANK Name Position SCHOOL COMMITMENT (If HS)
16 Matthew Allan RHP
Seminole HS, Sanford, Fla.
Florida
21 Jack Leiter RHP
Delbarton HS, Morristown, N.J.
Vanderbilt
32 Hunter Barco LHP
Bolles HS, Jacksonville
Florida
35 Maurice Hampton OF
Memphis University HS
LSU