Adam Stauffer

DirtyBird

We've gone THREE (!!) Stauffer appearances without an update. 

On Aug 13, he gave up his only two earned runs since moving to Delmarva in a 2 inning stint. Since then, he's had a pair of 2-inning outtings, striking out 9, allowing 2 hits and walking 2. 

So far on the season, 41 IP, 57 K, 17 BB, only 20 hits and 1 HR allowed. 1.10 ERA,  0.90 WHIP. 

He's 20 years old. Would like to see him get stretched out next season in Delmarva.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

We've gone THREE (!!) Stauffer appearances without an update. 

On Aug 13, he gave up his only two earned runs since moving to Delmarva in a 2 inning stint. Since then, he's had a pair of 2-inning outtings, striking out 9, allowing 2 hits and walking 2. 

So far on the season, 41 IP, 57 K, 17 BB, only 20 hits and 1 HR allowed. 1.10 ERA,  0.90 WHIP. 

He's 20 years old. Would like to see him get stretched out next season in Delmarva.

Is that good?

• 5 months later...

Outstanding interview, Chuck.   Stauffer kind of came out of nowhere last year.   I remember doing a thread guessing the Aberdeen rotation; I named ten candidates and Stauffer wasn’t one of them.    Then he was so dominant for Aberdeen that he got promoted to Delmarva pretty quickly.   He did well there, too.    I’ll be interested to see where he begins 2020 and in what role.   

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

Great interview! Another year like last year and Stauffer should be mentioned in the same group of names as D.L. Hall and GrayRod. 

Wow, that’s quite a statement.   He did make no. 22 on the OH list, 11th among the pitchers.    But there are some pretty good pitchers ahead of him.  

29 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that’s quite a statement.   He did make no. 22 on the OH list, 11th among the pitchers.    But there are some pretty good pitchers ahead of him.  

Stauffer and Rodgriguez put up similar numbers (besides the fact that GrayRod pitched more than twice as many innings) last year. K/9, Whip, BB/9,  Stauffer actually had a better ERA.

Not saying they're equal as prospects now, but sticking to my original comment. If Stauffer and continue to post similar numbers to GrayRod then he should be considered a top of the organization pitching prospect in the same conversation as D.L. and Gray Rod. 

Stauffer is younger than D.L. and was born the same year as GrayRod. Stauffer is actually bigger than both of them, suggesting that he could continue to add muscle and develop into a legit man on the mound. 

1 hour ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

Stauffer and Rodgriguez put up similar numbers (besides the fact that GrayRod pitched more than twice as many innings) last year. K/9, Whip, BB/9,  Stauffer actually had a better ERA.

Not saying they're equal as prospects now, but sticking to my original comment. If Stauffer and continue to post similar numbers to GrayRod then he should be considered a top of the organization pitching prospect in the same conversation as D.L. and Gray Rod. 

Stauffer is younger than D.L. and was born the same year as GrayRod. Stauffer is actually bigger than both of them, suggesting that he could continue to add muscle and develop into a legit man on the mound. 

From your keyboard to God’s ears. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

Let’s see how they use him.    Putting up numbers as a reliever is different from putting them up as a starter.    What I’d like is for him to start the year in the Delmarva rotation and then get promoted to Frederick after a few months if he’s able to dominate as a starter in the Sally League.   It’s going to be a real challenge to slot all these pitchers because we had a ton of successes at Delmarva, Aberdeen and the GCL last year, and a lot of them were recent college draftees who will be 22-23 this year so you want to move them along.   The competition should be pretty fierce.   

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

Outstanding interview, Chuck.   Stauffer kind of came out of nowhere last year.   I remember doing a thread guessing the Aberdeen rotation; I named ten candidates and Stauffer wasn’t one of them.    Then he was so dominant for Aberdeen that he got promoted to Delmarva pretty quickly.   He did well there, too.    It’ll be interested to see where he begins 2020 and in what role.   

Thanks @Frobby  He is one I'll have my eyes on as the season progresses.