2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

9 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Another closer/reliever snatched up.

When I read this trade for Shane Greene it immediately bought me back to the good old days when the O's had a GM who tried to trade with the Blue Jays for Shawn Green only to be informed he needed to call the Dodgers who Green was traded to several years before.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Teams are going real cheap to fill holes.  None of the big rumored names have gone yet.  I definitely don't see Mancini going anywhere.  The Yankees could just get Smoak to fill in for Voigt.  HOU doesn't really need Mancini.

The market is looking too low for Givens.  We could keep him and let him re-establish his value for this time next year.  

The cubs and dodgers got their UTIL guy today.  There isn't too much of a market for Villar.  

Didi rolled his wrist today. They could use another utility type. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

This is Elias' first hard test as a GM. Can he get value for his pieces? Does he hold on to them thinking they will have more value this off season or at next year's trading deadline?

With just a few hours to go, it sure is quiet.

Seriously, though, the goal is to increase value. If you can trade a three and get a four, that’s a win. But if he could trade a three for a four, but chooses not to, I would call that a loss. I am fully prepared to trust him, but it sure looks like his asking prices are too high at this time.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

15 minutes to go.  I'm thinking Elias is sitting this hand out.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

In Texas, there’s 72 minutes left.

It's 4pm EST, right?   Just want to make sure its safe to stop refreshing this thread in 20min or so....  ?

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

15 minutes to go.  I'm thinking Elias is sitting this hand out.

He may. 

I also think Givens isn’t someone he “has” to move. He is having a mediocre year and has 2 years left.  Kind of unique spot. 

• Thanks 1