2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

Here's what we know from deadline that only saw Elias trade Andrew Cashner 2-weeks ago for DSL players. Elias is in no hurry to move players unless he feels he can get the right value back for them. Not much else can be determined but I'm a little surprised no deals were done.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Yes, I forgot about Joey. One of my favorites. However, I cannot believe that he has been more productive than Joe was.

Having an ERA of 5.59 between 2017-18 over 191 and 2/3rds of your 308 and 1/3rd career innings will do that to your production.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Here's what we know from deadline that only saw Elias trade Andrew Cashner 2-weeks ago for DSL players. Elias is in no hurry to move players unless he feels he can get the right value back for them. Not much else can be determined but I'm a little surprised no deals were done.

Agreed.  Also we learned he doesn't have a mandate to dump salary, and he's not going to make trades just to chase the #1 pick.  I think Detroit has that locked up.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Agreed.  Also we learned he doesn't have a mandate to dump salary, and he's not going to make trades just to chase the #1 pick.  I think Detroit has that locked up.  

Agreed.

I never thought the actual goal of the season was to get the #1 pick.

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1156658362085515264

Castellanos to the Cubs, per Rosenthal. Between this trade and the Greene trade, I am ready to concede the number one pick.