Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. D-RAYS, 7/14)

OFFNY

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

At least this game is moving fast.  

I always hope for long games. More time to watch baseball.

I get lots of baseball the next couple weeks. Going to day shift to learn a new machine.

6am... UGH!

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Category A:  Some people are disappointed we couldn't get more.   Or that we didn't at least shop him around more to see if we could have gotten a bit more.  Even realizing there are more starting pitchers out there to be dealt with more value than Cashner, this seems like a pretty low haul.

Category B:  Faith that Elias & Sig wouldn't make a deal unless they got good value so they trust them.

Atomic:   We should be trading FOR guys like Cashner and maybe we can put together a team that can compete for the wild card next year.

I'm mostly in Category A, although I hold out hope that maybe Koby Perez saw something in these guys and they could turn out to be diamonds.    

I read most of the comments, and I think this is a good summary. While I wasn't counting, I think those in Category A are the clear majority.

Several posters were critical of Elias making trading Cashner so early, eliminating teams that will try but fail to acquire higher-value starters and might then lower their sights to Cashner later in the month.